By purchasing the services of a Consultant, client understands and agrees to the following terms:
How It Works:
- Payment will be made before consultation is scheduled.
- Fees reflect one consultation session for up to 1 hour.
- Selected consultants may also offer 30 day customized program design for the same fee.
- An initial consultation will be required before a customized program can be designed for the client.
- The consultant will contact client to schedule an appointment within 1-5 business days, typically sooner rather than later.
- If the requested consultant is not available to schedule the appointment within this time, the client can choose to schedule with an alternative consultant or request a refund within 2 weeks.
- Since rates vary between consultants, clients meeting with an alternative consultant may need to pay the difference, be issued a credit, or request a refund for the difference.
- Any refund requests need to be made via email within 2 weeks of purchase. After which time, fees are released to consultants.
- Refunds will not be granted for a partially used session or partially used package of sessions.
- Consultants provide recommendations for physical activity, diet/nutrition, and other lifestyle practices according to goals of the client.
- Client understands the inherent risks of participating in a conditioning program, including but not limited to injury, fainting, disorders of heart beat, and in very rare instances, death.
- Client agrees to take full responsibility for monitoring their condition throughout the program.
- If any unusual symptoms occur, client agrees to cease participation and inform their consultant and physician of the circumstances and symptoms.
- Unusual symptoms include, but are not limited to: chest discomfort, nausea, difficulty in breathing, and joint or muscle injury.
Limitation of Liability
- ExRx.net affiliated consultants and coaches are independent contractors with no affiliation to one another other than offering their services on ExRx.net.
- The consultant's recommendations do not necessarily reflect the opinions and recommendations of ExRx.net or other associated consultants.
- ExRx.net makes no warranties of the consultants' credentials or competence.
- Under this particular agreement
- ExRx.net, LLC (a limited liability company) or any of its affiliated consultants, coaches, or staff will NOT be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, lost profits, injuries, hospitalization, death, or any other indirect damages.
- Client agrees to hold ExRx.net, LLC or any of its affiliated consultants harmless and not seek compensation for any losses, regardless of the cause of action or legal theory pled or asserted.
- Client assumes all risks in receiving consultation and following recommendations.
- Alternatively, prospective clients may contact ExRx.net via email to help negotiate alternative terms with a specific consultant which include equitable risk allocation at a substantially greater fee.
- Client agrees not seek or pay for services from a ExRx.net affiliate consultant outside of ExRx.net, unless granted written permission from ExRx.net management.
- Clients seeking personalized recommendations or customized programming will be asked to complete an electronic Exercise Readiness Questionnaire and/or a similar questionnaire.
- If any question is answered with a 'Yes', Clients will be asked to consult a physician before advice is offered.
- Failure to answer questions honestly or failure to consult a physician may increase risk of unnecessary medical complications.
- Client understands and agrees to these terms of service and asserts that any questions which may have occurred to client concerning these terms of service have been answered to their satisfaction.
Contact ExRx.net at [email protected] with any additional questions or requests related to this agreement, consultation services, or customized program design.