About ExRx.net

About Us

ExRx.net began in 1999 as a resource for exercise professionals, coaches, and fitness enthusiasts. Our online content, tools, products, and services are used and endorsed by universities and schools, government and law enforcement agencies, medical institutions, and private organizations and providers, as well as individuals seeking science-based exercise information and practical fitness assessment and exercise prescription tools. Our site features comprehensive exercise libraries (over 1900 exercises), fitness assessment calculators, and reference articles.

At our peak from 2008 to 2018, ExRx.net received approximately 50,000 unique visitors per day (over 1 million per month) from around the world. Nowadays we maintain approximately one third our peak traffic.

According to our latest visitor survey, 75% of our visitors are exercise enthusiasts or athletes (all levels). The remaining 25% identify themselves as exercise professionals (eg: coaches, trainers, instructors, physical therapists, professors, researchers, PE or health teachers, writers, nutritionists, cardiac rehab specialists, physicians, and other medical or wellness specialists).

Our revenue currently comes from advertising networks, exercise clipart and software sales, content licensing, donations, and consultation services. More recently, we've introduced a subscription service for our new premium content specifically targeted to exercise professionals.

Recognition

ExRx.net has been a recommended internet resource in the ACSM's Resource Manual for Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription (5th Edition, pgs 224, 349; 6th Edition, pg 32; and 7th Edition, pgs 31, 372). 

ExRx.net has been recommended to the members of the US Armed Forces by exercise professionals of the US Department of Defense and the Army Physical Fitness Research Institute.

ExRx.net has also been NSCA authorized CEU provider. ExRx.net Weight Training and Kinesiology sections served as study modules for earning NSCA Continuing Education Units to maintain CSCS and NSCA-CPT certifications.

Also see Featured Testimonies.

Contributions

Since 2008 to date, we’ve hosted 36 remote internships to exercise science and computer science students, often serving as job references for our past interns applying for jobs within their chosen careers.

ACSM’s Health & Fitness Journal was granted permission to publish a limited number of the ExRx.net exercise instruction videos in an online article.

Wyle Laboratories contacted ExRx.net seeking permission to use our exercise instruction materials for a revised NASA Astronaut Fitness Manual and consulted with us regarding a functional kinesiology question.

The American Board of Family Practice (ABFP), a member board of the American Board of Medical Specialties, was granted permission to post a link to Food Exchange Calculator on the ABFP website, www.abfp.org, as part of its certification program for family physicians.

Consortium for Infant and Child Health (CINCH) was granted permission to republish Childhood and Teenage Obesity: Intervention Strategies.

Human Kinetics publishing was granted permission to republish our Food Portions guidelines in one of their many publications.

New York Police Department (NYPD) was granted permission to republish the ExRx.net Exercise Readiness Questionnaire for use with their employees.


Home Menu | Use of Images | Link Inquires | Terms of Use | Our Other Sites

Related Articles