Lie supine on floor with kettlebell positioned next to right upper arm. Grasp handle with bent right arm.
- Place right foot on floor, angled outward, close to right hip.
- At the same time, reach across with left arm and grasp under thumb side of right hand.
- Pull kettlebell off floor and press over right shoulder until arm is straight.
- Place left arm back to original position.
- Raise right shoulder off of floor by rolling onto left elbow.
- Sit up while pushing off on floor with left arm until arm is straight.
- Reposition right foot on floor while keeping knee completely bent.
- Lift hip off of floor and pull left leg under body.
- Position forefoot and knee on floor behind right foot and left hand.
- Position torso upright.
- Reposition legs in lunging position.
- Stand up by extending legs and placing rear leg next to forward leg.
- Step back with left leg and kneel down in reverse motion.
- Windshield wiper rear lower leg inward to reposition forefoot on floor behind opposite hip.
- Lean to left side and place left hand on floor.
- Shift weight onto left arm.
- Pull left leg forward between right leg and left arm.
- Extend left leg outward onto floor while sitting on left hip, close to right foot, with right leg bent upward.
- Extend right leg outward onto floor
- Gently lie down rolling onto back.
- Position left arm to original position, out to side.
- Return kettlebell to side of shoulder with optional assistance from left hand.
- Lie remaining right leg on floor in original po sition.
Repeat with opposite side.
Keep arm supporting kettlebell fully extended over shoulder throughout movement except when lifting and lowering it from floor in lying position. In seated position, keep chest high with spine extended.
Kettlebell Turkish Get-up mimics a fundamental movement pattern, emphasizing load balance, shoulder mobility, and functional strength. Keep wrist supporting kettlebell straight. Beginners can consider practicing movement without kettlebell until basic form is mastered. See Kettlebell Turkish Get-up in side inferior view. Also see Barbell Turkish Get-up.
- Spine (Thoracic, Lumbar)
Static (lower body)
Static (supporting arm)
- Scapula & Clavicle
Static (assisting arm)