Protein shakers

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Protein shakers

Post by hoosegow » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:41 am

Okay, random question. Does anyone elses protein shaker get that not so fresh smell? I can't keep one from stinking like something is rotting. Any ideas or do you know of good aluminum one?

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:53 am

Happens to me a lot. I just soak it in hot sudsey water for at least an hour, scrub it out with a bottle brush, then run it through the dishwasher. I just use an old Rubbermaid thing that holds about a quart. I have three of them, so while using one, I can be soaking/washing the others. And you are right about the smell. I good rinse just won't cut the mustard.
Tim

daniel4738

Post by daniel4738 » Tue May 08, 2007 3:09 am

I get the same thing with most bottles. I find that using baby sterilizing tablets works pretty well, some people use steradent and others are just motivated enough to clean it out immediately :)

jeffrerr
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jeffrerr » Tue May 08, 2007 6:01 am

I use a blender and drink out of glass, the plastic of the blender jug is less pourous than most shakers so it doesn't get the smell! I also use a protein powder that stays stable in mixed form for 24 hours so I mix once in the morning and store in a glass container in the fridge, glass definitely won't get smelly!

John W