anyone here take fish oil

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Gsus
Rookie
Rookie

anyone here take fish oil

Post by Gsus » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:10 pm

anyone here take fish oil? I was wondering whats a good brand and how much do u need a day to benefit from it

stuward

Post by stuward » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:13 pm

Some people recommend Carlson's. That's not available where I am. I think a good idea is to rotate brands. Try to get a dark glass bottle as the oil stays better. It's easier to tell if it's gone rancid if it's bottled instead of capsules. Most recomend 1-2 teaspoons per day. It's best to take with meals. 3 per day is not too much.

Stu

myself
n00b
n00b

Re: anyone here take fish oil

Post by myself » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:46 am

Gsus wrote:anyone here take fish oil? I was wondering whats a good brand and how much do u need a day to benefit from it
according to AHA(american heart association), if one can take a net dha/epa of 2 gram per day, one can lower the blood pressure for 10% after around 8 weeks...i've tested this theraputic dosage with a few high blood pressure individuals, it works.

there are a lot of good things for taking omega 3 besides lowering blood pressure...just get a google search

some of the good brands include: Natural Factors, RxOmega-3 Factors Pharmaceutical Grade, Jarrow Formulas, Max DHA and Now Foods, DHA-250...they are good because they are with high concertration of dha/epa per pill and are produce under GMP

TeeBee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TeeBee » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:53 pm

I use a brand from Norway or something that has a squeeze of lemon in it.

unstop
former lurker

Post by unstop » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:47 am

TeeBee wrote:I use a brand from Norway or something that has a squeeze of lemon in it.
Nordic Naturals. I use the same brand. I've seen a consumer report listing Nordic Naturals as one of the highest quality fish oil brands tested.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:00 pm

I've been meaning to tell you, I read about this a couple days ago. There was a great article in the (current) July/Aug 2007 Men's Health. LOT'S of good info in there. So many reasons to take it. I'm going to pick some up myself.

CJ Waid
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CJ Waid » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:32 pm

I just wanted to say, I love fish oil, I have been taking it for about 8 months now, I feel like I'm 19 again. (I train harder and feel better than ever).

nicolecarter'sfunfitness
n00b
n00b

Re: anyone here take fish oil

Post by nicolecarter'sfunfitness » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:55 am

Hi! there has been a lot of research involving using fish oil to also improve brain function, energy levels and joint suppleness so this is an all round good thing to take. i can highly recommend Patrick Holfords nutrtion bible to give you a wee bit more info about fish oils and vitamin therapy in general.

see link below

http://www.patrickholford.com/content.a ... ontent=580

Nicole

Gsus wrote:anyone here take fish oil? I was wondering whats a good brand and how much do u need a day to benefit from it

feitpingvin
former lurker

Post by feitpingvin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:59 am

TeeBee wrote:I use a brand from Norway or something that has a squeeze of lemon in it.
There are several brands of fish oil in Norway that has a squeeze of lemon in it ;-)

Although there is a certain degree of quality control before they put the stuff on the shelves, this was kind of nasty... http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local ... 129080.ece