Instant coffee/tea vs regular brewed stuff

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Rucifer

Instant coffee/tea vs regular brewed stuff

Post by Rucifer » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:07 pm

I was trying to get off caffeine permanently but rather than deprive myself of something I love that isn't really too bad for me, I've just decided to try to pick up the healthier sources for it (coffee, tea, and cocoa) rather than sodas (which I drank too much of). When it comes to instant coffee and tea vs the regular brewed stuff, aside from a lower caffeine content and a taste difference (which to me, can be debatable), does anyone know if it provides the same benefits of drinking brewed coffee and tea?

jps
Associate Member
Associate Member

Re: Instant coffee/tea vs regular brewed stuff

Post by jps » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:26 pm

instant coffee?!! :eek:

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:00 am

Instant coffee has a completely different taste. It's alright, but it isn't coffee. It takes nothing like coffee. It is an entirely different beverage. They have those singles that come in things that look like tea bags. Those are actually pretty good. Usually that's what I drink, because I am the only one here that likes coffee. I like tea also. Ice tea and hot herbal tea. My favorite is Earl Grey. That's been my favorite since 1984 when I started drinking hot tea. A little over 3 years later, I thought it was quite a coincidence that Star Trek TNG character, Captain Picard's favorite tea was also Earl Grey.

DavidMcF
Novice
Novice

Post by DavidMcF » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:21 am

On the subject of coffee ... Mochas are the nicest

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:26 pm

Most instant coffee is cheap, low-grade, and disgusting. I've heard it said that Nescafe is made from the sweepings of the coffee processing room floor. Almost true. Coffee producers sell to Nescafe the coffee that no one else will buy.

There is instant that is made from high-quality coffee. There is a tremendous variety of instants available in Australia, and I assume in the rest of the non-USA world. In the US, if you really look you can find better ones. Starbucks recently introduced some instant, and it is quite good.

So far as the benefits to exercise, I think that caffeine is caffeine.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:41 am

i just drink the instant stuff. You can't see it, but I'm hanging my head in shame.

Has anyone tried caffeine pills pre-workout?

wilburburns

Post by wilburburns » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:40 am

Coffee should be brewed, but if you really can't taste a difference, then as stated, Caffeine is Caffeine, no matter how you ingest it.

Cliff
http://www.pewebhost.com - Website Design and Hosting
http://www.wilburburns.com/ - Wilburburns Wasting time

dribble
n00b
n00b

Post by dribble » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:57 am

Personally, I much prefer brewed organic coffee. I am very health conscious, and I am very careful about what I put in my body. I am not sure if instant coffee is really bad for you or not, but I do know that it it more processed, and had more additives than organic coffee, which is normally not a good thing. I would say, if you love your body and want to take care of it, you should play it safe and drink the brewed stuff.

Regards,
George