Eating at Subways

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

Charles

Eating at Subways

Post by Charles » Sun May 07, 2006 12:41 am

Someone I know from the gym told me that after everywork out, he goes eat big sub at subways as his post-meal workout.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. I noticed how big and packed their subs are - I think they have enough carbs and protein in there for good muscle recovery.

What's your take on eating at subways after a workout?

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Sun May 07, 2006 6:28 am

It's one of the few dfast food restuarants/joints I go into. You can control what goes into any sandwhich/wrap, etc. It can be a fatty and high calorie as you make it, or it can be as clean as a whistle. It's on you. I like it.
Tim

northernbelle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by northernbelle » Sun May 07, 2006 8:03 am

Here's what I do: I go to the websites of the fast food joints that I know I might frequent, if say on a trip. I then pick out the menu items that I like and write down the nutrition breakdown. That way, I know what I am ordering in advance, and can work it into my total day plan.

Check out their website; if one of their subs meets your post workout needs, go for it.

kevin harris
Novice
Novice

subway???? why not whey

Post by kevin harris » Sun May 07, 2006 5:41 pm

for a meal in a hurry a sub on whoole wheat can provide decent protiens and decent carbs, but post workout one should consider whey protien. nothing absorbs faster than whey and fast absorbtion is what you need after breaking down your muscles. try 30-40 grams of protien and 50-60 grams of simple carbs(bannana,strawberries,any fruit) right after your workout then an hour and a half later go get your sub. your post workout nutrition can break a great workout if it is not composed of all that your body is screaming for.

elemental
Novice
Novice

Post by elemental » Sun May 07, 2006 11:16 pm

better yet do both, right after your work have a post w/o drink, then a couple hours later have that sub.