VegeGreens!!!

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, parth, stuward

Blue Running Man
Novice
Novice

VegeGreens!!!

Post by Blue Running Man » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 pm

What do you guys know about supplements like these?

Click here for info

- If it's against the rules to post that link, let me know and I'll take it down.

I am intrigued.

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:45 pm

I've heard nice things about Greens+ (Dr. John Berardi recommends it, for one), though I've never heard of this particular supplement.

I do use a "greens-added" vitamin powder...it's some awful, awful tasting stuff I use to add vitamins to my post-workout shakes, and I have to work hard to disguise the flavor. I figure when that runs out, I'll check out Greens+. Even so, I try to make sure I get plenty of vegetables. I just get lazy and have a good weekly variety, but a poor daily variety. I tend to make a lot of one type of vegetable and eat it all day, but mix it up day-to-day.

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:46 pm

Theres nothing wrong with those products, as long as the price is right.

Blue Running Man
Novice
Novice

Post by Blue Running Man » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:05 am

It doesn't taste that bad. I was expecting worst. I've always mixed it in with shakes, but today, I took a straight shot. It tasted just like a bunch of "greens" and berries. I'm still going to mix it in with my shakes. It's not something I will do again. The good thing was it made me slightly more optimistic about these products.

I always question the processing. I mean, what quality of raw materials were used? probably low. What is lost during manufacture? What are they adding to it that they don't want to tell me? I am always skeptical of anything that comes in powder form. - Although I take weight gainers, and creatine, and the vegegreens.

I'm sure, raw and fresh veggies, are better than a supplement, but this stuff also has probotics and EFA's. - I've been taking a scoop ever other day.

Hopefully I'm not putting crap in my body.

stuward

Post by stuward » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:14 am

It's better than not eating your veggies. Many guys, especially when bulking, find that vegetables have more bulk and it limit the amount of calories they can take in. Greens+ and similar product allow you to get at least some benefits of vegetables and still be able to pack in the high calorie foods for bulking.

Blue Running Man
Novice
Novice

Post by Blue Running Man » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:40 am

Thanks for the reassurance Stu.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:37 pm

BRM, just a note. You seemed concerned about posting a link to the vegegreen site. Our take, as mods here, is NOT to worry about that if you're posting just so that the peeps here on the board can identify with what you are talking about. As long as you're not the owner of the company, and bombarding us with sales pitches, go ahead and post them. Might even enlighten some of us. I knew something like that existed, but never really knew the name or what exactly it was.
Tim

Blue Running Man
Novice
Novice

Post by Blue Running Man » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:39 pm

Thanks Tim. Some sites don't like it when you post a link regarding supplements. Especially if it's a supplement that they don't sell. LOL.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:31 am

It would be suspect only if it was your first or second post.