Losing Fat

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

mattk25
Rookie
Rookie

Losing Fat

Post by mattk25 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:43 am

Ok a little background on me. Up until a few years ago I had a very slender frame and had a very hard time gaining weight and muscle. I was around 170lbs at 5'10". That is until I messed my knee up playing basketball and was sidelined for quite some time. Truth of the matter is thru work, life and what have you, I got lazy and put on weight. At first I was happy because my whole life I had a hard time gaining weight. Now I'm around 200-205lbs, as a result of strength training some of the weight gain is muscle mass however I would like to reduce my overall body fat.

Of course like most people my stomach is the area of concern. I know you can't lose fat in specific areas, but what I am wondering is what would be the best approach to lose the excess fat while still gaining lean muscle mass. My diet has pretty much been eat whatever I want most of my life. Since I've started lifting more seriously I've tried to eat more protein and stay away from carbs as much. Sweets are a weakness as well. Any input is welcomed.

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:35 am

Eat clean first. Second try HIIT stuff lke dogcrapp. It is basically high reps, low weight and minimal rest periods.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:36 am

This comes up all the time. Rather than repeating everything every few weeks, I saved one of the better threads into the "Good Enough To Keep" Forum. Look at the bottom of the list for the thread "The Holy Grail: Losing fat and gaining muscle"
Also, don't be strangers with the forum search feature.
Tim