is this too much carbs for pre and post workout?

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

Gsus
Rookie
Rookie

is this too much carbs for pre and post workout?

Post by Gsus » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:13 am

2 scoops of gatorade powder mix with whey, water, creatine and glutamine i take with me when i workout and after working out i take 1 scoop of gatorade powder mix with whey, water and glutamine. 1 scoop of gatorade is 130 calories 33g of carbs 31g of sugar. i was wondering if i should take creatine after my workouts also. i take 5 grams during my workout i sip on my drink in between sets.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:58 am

That sounds ok as long as it isn't making you fat.

ironmaiden708

Re: is this too much carbs for pre and post workout?

Post by ironmaiden708 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:33 pm

Gsus wrote:2 scoops of gatorade powder mix with whey, water, creatine and glutamine i take with me when i workout and after working out i take 1 scoop of gatorade powder mix with whey, water and glutamine. 1 scoop of gatorade is 130 calories 33g of carbs 31g of sugar. i was wondering if i should take creatine after my workouts also. i take 5 grams during my workout i sip on my drink in between sets.
How much protein?
It doesn't matter w/ the creatine, it's not helping at all sipping on it during the workout. Take it with your postworkout drink so your loaded for your next workout. As long as it's not causing anyweight issues and is coupled with a sound diet you're fine.
Last edited by ironmaiden708 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stuward

Post by stuward » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:53 pm

That's 3 scoops of sugar. It seems a lot to me. If you're young, very lean and big, you may get away with that much but I'd cut back to 2 scoops at most if your not all of these. 5 g of Creatine is loads and it doesn't matter when you take it.