I DON'T GET ANY WEIGHT LOSS - I NEED HELP

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

iloverugby1
former lurker

I DON'T GET ANY WEIGHT LOSS - I NEED HELP

Post by iloverugby1 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:21 pm

hi guys,

I am a big fan of rugby and used to play it for 10 years. I felt some over weight in my body for last 3-4 years.
I joined a gym last year. But, there is no gain of weight loss as I workout 3 hours daily.

Can anyone help me and suggest me what to do for weight loss, except going to gym??

looking for helpful reply.........
thanks

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:32 pm

Working out 3 hours a day won't do it. You need to workout enough to build muscle and the rest is diet.

Halfbreed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Halfbreed » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:37 pm

stuward is correct in that it is largely in one's diet. Try getting most of your carbs from green, leafy vegetables, or even broccoli, greenbeans, or peas or peppers, and eating less of everything else. Cut out the soda, if you drink it, and anything with high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils. eat lean meats, and get your fats from fatty fish such as salmon. Right now where I'm at its even spring salmon season.

Try hitting the exercise bike for 45 minutes to an hour a day at the gym, five days a week. You shouldn't need anything more than this. Eat an apple on every second hour in between small meals composed of the foods I was telling you about. For instance, if you eat breakfast at 8:00, have an apple at 10:00, lunch at 12:00, an apple at 2:00, and dinner at 4:00. Drink lots of water throughout the day. Do this religiously and incorporate some bodyweight exercises such as push ups, pull ups, handstand pushups and ab work, and you should see some VERY good results within a couple of months. You won't maintain a lot of your strength or size in doing this, but it will definately get you losing weight, and getting what muscle mass you did develop in the past and maintained showing through.

Keep us updated how it's going.