Fasting

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Fasting

Post by Jebus » Mon May 04, 2009 8:49 am

I think i need a water fast or something, for the past 2-3 months i have been on a bulking diet (dirty) and i had no problems until last night.

Yesterday i ate really bad... Pancakes for breakfeast
KFC for lunch and Mcdonalds for dinner. I felt i needed something healthy, so before bed I ate half a cup of brown rice, carrots and a glass of milk. After that i tried going to sleep, but i had this horrible stomach pain.

It was constant, no matter what i did it wouldnt go away. I eventually got up and had some ginger ale, did nothing, then made some mint tea, did nothing. I honestly thought my insides have burst open and i was gonna die soon. after a while of watching tv i finally fell asleep and woke back up, i had 3 hours of sleep, i still have the pain now.

im going for a physical on the seventh.

Have any of you fasted before? do you think i should?

I cant go to the doctors yet because my mom keeps my health card.

stuward

Post by stuward » Mon May 04, 2009 9:03 am

No you shouldn't fast. You're overloaded on carbs. Fasting would provide no benefits. Get your diet back to normal prior to your physical. Drop the junk food, start increasing your veg intake. In the long run, start eating real food. You can't find that at KFC or MacDonalds or in a box. You make it yourself from stuff grown in the ground or from a butcher or fisherman.

Just for clarification, I have recommended fasting in the past but that was someone doing a low carb diet and was trying to break through a plateau. The circumstances were vastly different.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Mon May 04, 2009 11:06 am

The kind of pain you are describing probably isn't caused by what you ate.

For self treatment you could try antacids or acid suppressing over the counter medicines. In a pinch when you don't have anything better, you can use a half teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water, but that's not good to use on a regular basis.

If those measures don't relieve the pain, you should go to a doctor or ER promptly, and not wait until the scheduled physical.

Helena115
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Helena115 » Mon May 04, 2009 3:13 pm

Exactly where in your stomach is this pain!? If it's on the right side between your hip bone and your belly button it might be appendicitis and you need to see a doctor. If it's a heartburn a banana will help if you don't have any anti-acid medication.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Mon May 04, 2009 4:23 pm

The pain is my entire stomach area (size of 1 hand)

also I took some apples, peeled them, slowly cooked them by boiling water and then putting apples in a large bowl ontop of the saucepan, covered. I also added some cinnamon and cardomom, This helped allot.