About Creatine/Protein Shakes

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, stuward, parth

Rucifer

About Creatine/Protein Shakes

Post by Rucifer » Sun May 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Walmart has it available where you can buy them together (protein powder and creatine and some other stuff mixed in the same mix). Is this advisable? Or should I buy a seperate protein powder and creatine mix?

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Sun May 10, 2009 7:12 pm

If the price is right and is a desirable quality compound (whey iso & micronized mono) then go for it.

Halfbreed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Halfbreed » Tue May 12, 2009 11:59 am

Ok, so I know that Ironmaiden advised against it, but I went ahead and bought the Nitrotech/Celltech stack. First I just had the Nitrotech, then I started the cell tech a few days ago. I have been taking nitrotech for a little over a week, almost two, and Cell tech for four days, today is my fifth...I weighed in yesterday, just out of curiosity as I have already gone down a size of pants (now a 34) but I have gained just over 8 lbs. ( I weigh just under 250 now.) I set a new personal best for squats (I now have convict/strangulator knee wraps also though) at 675 for two CLEAN reps. I was dumbell pressing sets of 8 with the 65's after moving up form 10 @ 55 and 10 @ 60 before, and now went 10 @ 75, 10 @ 80, 6 @ 85 with good form. I haven't tried bench out yet, I do that tomorrow. Is this a placebo effect or am I really getting those kinds of gains from starting supplements after not having them for almost 7 years of lifting?

In response to the question posed, the nitrotech has the creatine in it, and the Cell tech is like 7 different kinds of creatine, but even just from taking the nitrotech I noticed significant gains.

Anyway, just thought I'd offer that small bit of experience and maybe get some insight on it at the same time.

The Convict/Strangulators made by APT are absolutely amazing, by the way. The lift felt smooth, and my knees felt great!

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Tue May 12, 2009 12:18 pm

675 Halfbreed? :eek:

I thought this was a good read on creatine:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_art ... n_creatine

MrWonderful
Novice
Novice

Post by MrWonderful » Tue May 12, 2009 12:23 pm

T-Nation has a great article on creatine; here's everything you need to know about it. It's a good read and changed how I consume my dosage of the white powdery stuff.

Halfbreed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Halfbreed » Tue May 12, 2009 4:46 pm

Hoosegow-

Yes sir, and what's crazy is it felt, well, definately not light, but it felt comfortable. My goal is 700 by the end of the summer, but the way it's going, I may be there sooner. I was VERY happy to get the 675. Before that I was hitting without wraps, and now that I have them, I feel 100% better. That was my first lift with them on, and I loved 'em.

Anyway, I read through the article that you posted and as relieved not to hear anything that is too alarming or cause for concern.

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Tue May 12, 2009 7:42 pm

Respect to you my friend

Rucifer

Post by Rucifer » Tue May 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Reading the article kind of scared me, just based on one thing. It said that a lot of the cheaper stuff can't be trusted...which pretty much means the walmart stuff probably isn't the best option. How much can I expect to spend on a more trusted creatine and where at? I'd like to get it within reason...I am on a budget...

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Tue May 12, 2009 9:38 pm

You need to understand something Rucifer. It was an article written on a supplement company site, on which they sell creatine. Now having said that, Biotest does sell creatine - german micronized - that is competively priced. I do like and use their products and would recommend them - just so there is no misunderstanding that would allude I am bad mouthing them.

So...
A. I wouldn't get too worked up about it.
B. Their products are good and they are fairly priced.
C. Use up your stuff and then maybe look at getting their creatine if you are so inclined.