formulas

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

stuward

Post by stuward » Tue May 19, 2009 4:14 pm

frogbyte wrote:...
It makes me wonder what Tropicana does with millions of pounds of fruit fiber.
It probably becomes animal feed.

frogbyte
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by frogbyte » Tue May 19, 2009 4:32 pm

No fair, cows get all the good part and we just get the sugar! *pout*!

nygmen

Post by nygmen » Tue May 19, 2009 9:28 pm

frogbyte wrote:No fair, cows get all the good part and we just get the sugar! *pout*!
But then you eat the cow.

Ultimately being at the top of the food chain is a good thing.

frogbyte
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by frogbyte » Wed May 20, 2009 11:11 am

Heh I when I wrote that I was wondering if anyone would respond as you did. :)

anandsr21
Novice
Novice

Post by anandsr21 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:13 am

I have a problem with the item 1 on John Berardi's list.

I used to think it was good, followed it for a few months. But now I think eating so many times cannot be healthy.

Ever since I learned of the Paleo diet. My arguments basically start with our ancestors.

Our ancestors ate when they found food, which didn't happen for a couple of days sometimes. It shouldn't have caused them to lose muscle, because that would kill them. There is a mechanism, called the Growth Hormone that prevents killing of muscles if you are fasting.

So actually if you really want to become naturally strong as opposed to body building, you want to eat when you feel hungry. And possibly don't have more than 3 meals per day. 2 or 1 is better, but will be possible only on a predominately meat diet.

Also Berardi recommends going very low on fats. Which is actually not a good idea. It is better to make fats the main source of energy, and keep the proteins for the task of building and maintaining muscles.

I don't think more than .6gm protein per Kg of lean body weight is actually required. Above that you will be converting protein to glucose, which will give an Insulin spike which is not a good thing.

So yes insulin spikes are bad even if you get them from protein. Only fat is the neutral energy source.