egg whites international

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:00 pm

I'm not sure that 1300 kcal/day is too few. Would depend on various fact6ors. The age alone would seem to require less kcal. I'm 3 years older than her, and can tell you from experience that your basic calorie needs go down as you age (BMR). Sldo, ig dhr'd 5 ft 1 and 100 lbs, 1300 kcal at age 57 might be about right. I'm 60, 5 ft 8", and get by quite nicely at around 1600-1800. But that said, don't worry too much at any age about the good fats, just keep a lid on total amounts of all macronutrients if you're worried about going over.
Tim

Han

Post by Han » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:26 pm

Damnit, I wish I liked boiled eggs. Only way I stand eggs is scrambled, and when I get up at 5:30am on workdays, there is no way I am going to bother with a cooked breakfast.

In fact, this is my biggest problem with carbs - I can't figure out an easy, non-carb breakfast for work days.

devadiva
n00b
n00b

Post by devadiva » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:43 pm

I only eat fruits vegggies and whole graines ect ect. fish chicken yada yada I gain weight very easily. I am 5'5" 133. This last year I was sick with a vestibular disorder I have a growth on the nerve. I gained in one month 12 VERY stubbron pounds due to drugs I had to take. I am working out HARD I am doing p90x DOUBLUES with 1 hour extra CARDIO every day and am starting my seventh week, I have lost 9 of the pounds and have a lot more muscle on my body I am still not well from my DISORDER but I will not let it conquer me!!!
Before I was sick I worked out 1 1/2 a day and ate 1800 cal babanced aday and mattained my weight at 128.

Bacchus1979
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bacchus1979 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:03 pm

This thread couldn't help but remind me of this exchange - from one of the greatest movies ever made :lol:

Luke: I can eat fifty eggs.
Dragline: Nobody can eat fifty eggs.
Society Red: You just said he could eat anything.
Dragline: Did you ever eat fifty eggs?
Luke: Nobody ever eat fifty eggs.
Prisoner: Hey, Babalugats. We got a bet here.
Dragline: My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs.
Loudmouth Steve: Yeah, but in how long?
Luke: A hour.
Society Red: Well, I believe I'll take part of that wager.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:57 am

devadiva wrote:I only eat fruits vegggies and whole graines ect ect. fish chicken yada yada I gain weight very easily. I am 5'5" 133. This last year I was sick with a vestibular disorder I have a growth on the nerve. I gained in one month 12 VERY stubbron pounds due to drugs I had to take. I am working out HARD I am doing p90x DOUBLUES with 1 hour extra CARDIO every day and am starting my seventh week, I have lost 9 of the pounds and have a lot more muscle on my body I am still not well from my DISORDER but I will not let it conquer me!!!
Before I was sick I worked out 1 1/2 a day and ate 1800 cal babanced aday and mattained my weight at 128.
If you gain weight easily you probably have high insulin levels. Cutting out the grains would be the best thing you can do. 1300 calories is pretty low for a woman your size. You also seem to be very deficient in fat.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:13 pm

How many calories is only part of the story. It's also important where they come from. If they are coming mainly from carbs, you're likely to have high insulin levels, which would explain the difficulty with weight loss. I'd eat whole eggs, decrease the carbs, even the whole grains.

anandsr21
Novice
Novice

Post by anandsr21 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:41 am

Devadiva

You should get your Liver tested. By the looks of it, it seems to be in pretty bad shape. Get a liver function test.

To fix the problem reduce Omega 6 as much as possible, by removing all refined oils. Have only grass fed butter/ghee. Also add enough fish oil, to get a better than 1:1 Omega3:omega6 ratio.

Also lose all fructose. Including the sweet fruits, like apples. Also try to reduce your carbohydrate intake.

This will fix the problem. In general eat more heart healthy saturated fats from butter/ghee ;-).

stuward

Post by stuward » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:16 am

anandsr21 wrote:...heart healthy saturated fats ...
Worth repeating.