Coffee Vs Water...

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

KPj
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by KPj » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:31 am

This thread has put my mind at ease. I thought I was bad on 4 cups a day (double measures, though, so it's more like 8). I like good coffee but at work I just need the hit, and put up with the crap coffee in here. If I walk into the gym like a zombie I go over to the coffee machine and have a couple of cups of their dark coloured water, I mean coffee.

There was me thinking my coffee drinking was a problem. Ach well * boils kettle *.

KPj

Rucifer

Post by Rucifer » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 pm

KPj wrote:This thread has put my mind at ease. I thought I was bad on 4 cups a day (double measures, though, so it's more like 8). I like good coffee but at work I just need the hit, and put up with the crap coffee in here. If I walk into the gym like a zombie I go over to the coffee machine and have a couple of cups of their dark coloured water, I mean coffee.

There was me thinking my coffee drinking was a problem. Ach well * boils kettle *.

KPj
I agree. People freak out when I tell them about my 4-5 cup a day habit of coffee. If I said 20, I think some people's heads would literally explode.

I guess 20 cups of coffee is better than getting it from some sugary source...but I would around 20 cups would have to have some effect also if you have stomach issues like acid reflux or whatever too...

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:43 pm

Sure. How much is too much varies a lot. People with reflux, should probably cut the caffeine out completely until the reflux is well-controlled, then start cautiously to find out how much they can tolerate.

wilburburns

Post by wilburburns » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm

I thought I would update this for those who were/are concerned about the amount of Coffee I drink...

I have been paying a bit closer attention to the actual amounts I drink daily. I now believe I drink closer to 1 pot or 10-12 cups a day. Not the 18-24 cups I initially thought.

On the weekends, I typically drink between 6-10 cups on Saturday and 2-4 cups on Sunday.

Cliff

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:57 pm

i'm so thirsty

frogbyte
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by frogbyte » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:16 am

Stay thirsty my friend.