leif3141
Apprentice
Apprentice

anyone else a vegetarian?

Post by leif3141 » Wed May 17, 2006 6:10 pm

Just wondering....

Post by Guest » Thu May 18, 2006 2:33 pm

I'm only a vegetarian between meals...

Anyway, I have nothing against tofu, veggie burgers, beans, etc. I find that when I eat a cheeseburger at work, I'm pretty drowsy the rest of the day. So I stick to beans, usually..., during the week. Night and weekends, all bets are off.

velink
n00b
n00b

Post by velink » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:48 am

I'm totally a vegetarian, is there any way i can get enough nutrition and gain muscle?

Trillian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Trillian » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:43 am

velink wrote:I'm totally a vegetarian, is there any way i can get enough nutrition and gain muscle?
It's possible but very very difficult. I know of someone who has done it with amazing results but its tough. If you post your diet and training we could take a look and try to help you out.

TeeBee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TeeBee » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:22 pm

I'd say eat as well as you can, and take a multi every day.

velink
n00b
n00b

Post by velink » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:30 am

Actually, I don't have a proper training schedule and am more focusing on expanding my upper body part especially broadening my shoulder. my daily nutrition always contain eggs and beancurd.

I am gaining muscle recently and the results are ok.

nicolecartersfunfitness

hi!

Post by nicolecartersfunfitness » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:39 pm

Hi!

i've found being a veggie quite good for energy compared to being a vegan! anything compared to being a vegan is easy come to think of it!!

it means that you could have good protein sources from free range organic eggs ( they taste better and if more people buy them they'll get cheaper ! )

good cheese is important! cheap nasty orange stuff really only tastes good after being vegan for several months!! on beans...on toast...melted...hmmmm ( cheap cheese fantasy recollection from previous veganism days! )

some would say " food is food is food is eh whats available " however i believe that the sensible option is to eat what you want when you want. take out the guilt = less hang ups = less stress = more chance of feeling good and enjoying what you eat.

eating is important, enjoyable, essential to life.

fruitarian fantasy........beans cheese toast.....beans cheese melted on toast.....cheese beans cheese melted on toast....etc you get my point.

beats dessicated millipead!

anything beats dessicated millipead!

apart from dodgy almost thawed mouldy bread!

nc :0)

velink wrote:I'm totally a vegetarian, is there any way i can get enough nutrition and gain muscle?

velink
n00b
n00b

Post by velink » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:29 am

My average weight is about 100 lbs, and my last try had gained me just 10 lbs. I wish to gain about 150 lbs.

My friend tell me to eat eggs, and that is what I'm doing now.
Is there a side effect and am I really seeing results?

I hope not to take extra supplement and rely on organics.

stuward

Post by stuward » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:33 pm

What sort of training are you doing and what's your diet like? How tall are you and how old are you? I assume you are male from an earlier post of yours. It's been almost 2 years since you last asked anything about your diet and training. Did you change anything as a result of those posts? Did anything work?

Stu

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:13 am

If I was you, I would try having an open mid. Then do lots of research. Then you will see the very simple obvious answer that you will not except from us right now. If you provide me all your actual reasons for your lifestyle, I will even give you links.

velink
n00b
n00b

Post by velink » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:54 am

OK, I first read about Matt Roberts' book and doing the three part workout, which is jogging, exercise, stretch to put it simple.

Then on the exercise part, I do crunches, pushups, dumbell curl, wrist curl, reverse wrist curl, bend over row, etc.

I stopped for half a year and only begin around january. The muscle get stiff, but not growing. Instead, my body weight is dropping.

My reason for being vegetarian is solely for the benefit of health.

stuward

Post by stuward » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:14 am

Which book are you following? Most of his books are plans to address weak body parts like abs, etc. "90 Day Fitness Plan" seems to be a little more comprehensive but it's only a place to start. You need to follow it up with something.

You're body weight is dropping and your muscles arn't growing because you are not eating enough.

velink
n00b
n00b

Post by velink » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:59 am

Act, it's kind of funny because I'm following his "Weight Loss Plan" which I follow all his advice but not on the meal routine.

About the intake of meal. I always feel hungry after exercise. Should I eat more protein base food or just double up the normal meal I eat. The food I eat of course is vegetables, fruits and grains.

stuward

Post by stuward » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:10 pm

I expect you will likely need more protein but it's hard to say because you don't give your diet. Do you track calories? You will likely find that you don't get enough to gain weight on. You need a calorie surplus to gain muscle. Protein is usually hard to get on a vegetarian diet. Eggs and whey powder are good additions.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:34 pm

velink wrote:Act, it's kind of funny because I'm following his "Weight Loss Plan" which I follow all his advice but not on the meal routine.

About the intake of meal. I always feel hungry after exercise. Should I eat more protein base food or just double up the normal meal I eat. The food I eat of course is vegetables, fruits and grains.
Let me get all of this straight before I toss my 2-cents worth into the pot.

You are following a weight-loss plan, and you are frustrated because you are not gaining weight? Read that back to yourself a few times and see if you can figure out a solution for yourself.

You say you eat vegetables, fruits and grains, so you are not simply a vegetarian, but a vegan--right? So you don't eat dairy products of eggs. It is tough for a vegetarian to get adequate calories and adequate protein, but I would think it's nearly impossible for a vegan.

And finally (just so I'm clear about this) you are living in partial starvation and depriving yourself of adequate quantities of two of the three primary macronutriants for the benefit of your health. Right? And what are the health issues here? In what way do you believe that this way of eating is more healthy than diets that include essential amino acids and essential fats?