Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Rucifer

Eating for your bloodtype?

Post by Rucifer » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:38 am

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:59 pm

I have heard of it but I have not closely examined the science. However I find it quite suspect. I don't see how it is possible for the antigens present in the blood to have any affect on your nutritional needs. Differences in immune function and response I would find believable. However an effect on diet seems impossible. Unless you can tell how exactly having or not having the A and or B antigens, or the RH antigens, especially the D, can have any effect on food. Is it an allegation of an immune response to certain foods caused by particular antigens? That is quite a shot in the dark, but that is the only possible way you could relate it.

jml
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jml » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm AB, and with all the milk I drink I should be down to 95 pounds according to the article

Rucifer

Post by Rucifer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:44 pm

Funny thing is- being O pos, it pretty much says I need to be a paleo type diet. It pretty much has me pegged!

frigginwizard

Post by frigginwizard » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:04 am

Rucifer wrote:Funny thing is- being O pos, it pretty much says I need to be a paleo type diet. It pretty much has me pegged!
I think that most people would do really well on a paleo diet.

stuward

Post by stuward » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:48 am

I'm a type A.
These people cannot tolerate animal protein well, and should be the proverbial, classic "vegetarian" of the human species. They also are usually lactose intolerant, as well. Persons with Blood Type A should avoid animal protein and dairy products, and would do well with whole grains, legumes, fruits and vegetables. Tofu and Hawaiian Spirulina should become the Blood Type A person's best friends, as these foods contains high-quality vegetable protein!
Somebody should shoot me now.

Actually, the article suggests that the blood type can affect HCl production. I'm not sure how, but let's just suppose that's true. Lets also suppose that low HCl leads to gas when eating meat. That means that I should be getting gas after eating meat. I don't. I get gas from carbs. I expect most people do.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Its so stupid haha.

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:38 pm

stuward wrote:Somebody should shoot me now.
Heh. Screw you guys! I'm a B, I get to eat all the meat I want, I just have to avoid grain and peanuts.

I'll just swing by a rodizio and hoist a forkfull in the direction of all you A blood types. ;)

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:42 am

haha I agree completely with Jebus haha

shane
n00b
n00b

Post by shane » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:37 am

though an effect on diet appears impossible. Unless you can notify how precisely having or not having the A and or B antigens, or the RH antigens, particularly the D, can have any effect on food. Is it an accusation of an immune answer to certain nourishment initiated by specific antigens.

IceDane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by IceDane » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:08 am

[quote="shane"]though an effect on diet appears impossible. Unless you can notify how precisely having or not having the A and or B antigens, or the RH antigens, particularly the D, can have any effect on food. Is it an accusation of an immune answer to certain nourishment initiated by specific antigens.
That was some subtle spam right there.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:31 am

No problem. I hate spam. Notice, the link is gone in both posts. Shane, don't even think about doing that again or I'm going to refer you to Ironman, who does nasty things to peoples accounts who pull this crap.
Tim