bread.....the perfect protein for the perfect body!!

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

manofsteel1385
Apprentice
Apprentice

bread.....the perfect protein for the perfect body!!

Post by manofsteel1385 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:05 am

Haha Wow you may have read that and like wow john is on some great drugs right now! lol

But I wanted to inform everyone of this bread I found while eating out with a female friend of mine.

For ever two slices of bread it has 28 grams of protein! WOW

I want to share this with everyone I know that its kinda expensive but you can eat like a human again!! haha heres the link to the main page...

Thing is its 20 bucks for four loaves but .....wow heres the link check this crap out !!

http://www.nutribreads.com/index.php

jml
Associate Member
Associate Member

Re: bread.....the perfect protein for the perfect body!!

Post by jml » Wed May 12, 2010 12:49 am

Oroweat has a protein bread, but it's only 6g/slice, plus it probably isn't whey. It also tastes nasty. Interesting.

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Wed May 12, 2010 6:41 am

$20 for 4 is only $5/loaf. That's reasonable enough. I pay $3.99 a loaf for Ezekiel bread when I get that, and bakery loaves aren't any cheaper.

I didn't go far enough into the checkout process to see what shipping is. As long as it's under $1/loaf it's not that expensive.

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Re: bread.....the perfect protein for the perfect body!!

Post by Stephen Johnson » Wed May 12, 2010 10:05 pm

manofsteel1385 wrote:Haha Wow you may have read that and like wow john is on some great drugs right now! lol

But I wanted to inform everyone of this bread I found while eating out with a female friend of mine.

For ever two slices of bread it has 28 grams of protein! WOW

I want to share this with everyone I know that its kinda expensive but you can eat like a human again!! haha heres the link to the main page...

Thing is its 20 bucks for four loaves but .....wow heres the link check this crap out !!

http://www.nutribreads.com/index.php
Check out the ingredients.

Most of the protein is from wheat gluten and wheat protein isolates. Whey protein is the sixth ingredient on the list. By law, ingredients have to be listed in order of their prevalence in the product.

If the product tastes halfway decent, it isn't a bad deal, however. Gluten is the major source of glutamine peptides in most supplements. Glutamine supplementation after workouts aids in building muscle. Wheat protein is only a so-so source of branched chain amino acids, but adding the whey - the best source - will help.