creatine again

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

creatine again

Post by robertscott » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:13 am

I'm going to give it another try, I've heard too much about not to give it another chance so here i go. What I'm wondering is how much you guys are taking (I'm 5' 11", 175lbs, probably 10-12% BF if that matters)?

Also what do you think about the loading phase?

Thanks

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:25 am

Well, I can only give personal experiences, but it "worked", if you want to call it that, for me, in the respect that I did get an inititial weight gain, more than likely water retention in the muscle cells. I was also able to train a bit heavier, longer. Placebo? I don't know. Now, I've done both the loading phase, and on another cycle did it without. I didn't see any appreciable difference. I'm 5"8", give or take 175-180, and was doing fine on 10 gr day. When I took it didn't seem to matter. The idea is to saturate the cells with it, so it's available when you need it. T-Nation has an excellent roudtable discussion over there on creatine use, where even the guru's disagree on certain aspects. Sorry, I don't have it bookmarked, but a search over there should pop it up. You should read that. Also, If Kenny shows up, he can give you some good insights.
Tim

NightFaLL

Post by NightFaLL » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:33 am

It's pretty much the only proven supplement - 5g 4x/day with food is usually what I do. If I don't do it with food, it wreaks havoc on my stomach.

During the loading phase, that is. Then 5g/day maintenance.

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:33 am

thanks for the responses guys, I think I'm going to go with the 5g 4xdaily for loading, then 5g a day maintenance.

How long does a loading phase typically last?

stuward

Post by stuward » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:44 am

Loading should only take a couple of weeks. It will accumulate anyway so it's not critical. Too long you waste a little money, too short you just delay response a little.

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:15 pm

ok, thanks stu