Post Workout snack / meal

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Rootsmanuvad
former lurker

Post Workout snack / meal

Post by Rootsmanuvad » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:48 am

I am not a fan of having a shake alone, so I have substitued a Shake with Cornflakes (Because of the high GI), a chopped banana and two scoops of whey protein mixed with skimmed milk and a tea spoon of honey, making for a very tasty snack full of what seems to be the right stuff to ensure effective protein synthesis. Do I need to change anything here?

stuward

Post by stuward » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:40 am

It looks fine to me. Regardless of the advertising in Flex, you don't need a high tech, state of the art post workout meal.

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:56 am

stuward wrote:It looks fine to me. Regardless of the advertising in Flex, you don't need a high tech, state of the art post workout meal.
Seconded. I'd just ask, "How is this working out for you so far?"

If you're making progress towards your goals, I'd stick with this. It seems fine as a post-workout meal. Nothing wrong with it, in fact. The only reason to change it would be if you aren't getting the places you want to go.

ApolytonGP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ApolytonGP » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:52 pm

I like a pint of eggwhites (can buy them in this serving size) poured on top of 4+ sevings of veggies.

Sautte in Teflon/Pam an onion, couple tomatoes, half a pack of celery fine chopped, some shrooms, maybe other stuff (brocoli, carrot, peppers, etc.) Do 5 minutes at 7, with the lid on so that they partially steam. Chopping fine helps too. Then pour on the eggwhites, re

duct to 4, add a bunch of spices (paprika, pepper, ginger, garlic, etc.). Cover and cook for 6 minutes. Then turn over the eggmess and cook another minute or two.

Put the whole thing in a bowl and eat.

If you want a little fatty taste, add 50 calories of bacon bits (or parmesan cheese).

Yumm!!! Huge volume.

Calories: 350-400
Protein: 250
Carbohydrates: 100
Fat: 0-50