Guacamole Dip with Pork Rinds

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Jungledoc, Ironman, stuward

Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Guacamole Dip with Pork Rinds

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:14 pm

If there is a thread specific for low carb recipe ideas, I'm not aware. (ok, I did not look too hard) Obviously, there are ideas all over the stickies with food ideas listed; but I came across this (actually, thought of it and confirmed it is quite ordinary) - wow, combining two of my favorite foods. Although for fatties like me, this is something to eat in low doses, I guess.
I've been eating guac with peppers and celery and cucumbers with maybe 5 chips for the salty treat. Now I'll be substituting chicharrons

To expand on this (even though this alone is exciting enough to motivate a new topic from me lol), while I'm still awating my home gym to be completed, I've taken a few weeks off from exercise. Program and diet design are front and center. (I know, bad idea to take such a long break.) But really taking in a lot of information. Finding ways to add Protein to all my snack/meals at work. No longer just Broccoli at 1:00, but Broccoli + Can of Tuna. Not just apple but Apple + Natural Peanut Butter.

Biggest challenge for me carb cravings, like french fries, pizza, tacos And, so finding substitutions like Pork Rinds, or using Romain to wrap a sandwich are going to make a huge difference.

thats all.

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:35 pm

I was thinking of a recipe thread too. I'm not sure if you know but Marks Daily Apple has good recipes for low carbers.

I made a really good tuna fish Casserole the other day, I know, its not low carb but its soo good.

Post by Velcropop » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:01 pm

I've been thinking of doing the same too!

Maybe we should petition for a sticky where members post up their favourite personal recipes, you know with pics and instructions etc.?

In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:19 am

Then go ahead and start one. I'll sticky it if necessary.