Milk as a meal.

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Mini mahouse
Novice
Novice

Milk as a meal.

Post by Mini mahouse » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:31 pm

So I'm lifting to improve my strength and size. Not really afraid of gaining a little weight.
I love drinking like 1liter of milk for a meal. (Not talking about big meals, talking about like 5'o clock meals)

I was told I shouldnt just drink milk and that I Needed some real food? Milk should only be something I drink with the food.
That seriously does not make any sense to me.

Lets say I drink 1 liter of milk .. Its 400-500 Calories , over 30G of protein + alot of carbs and fats. (Healthy fats I'm pretty sure?)
So why is a 400-500 calorie meal a better option than the milk?

Btw im obviously not talking about skipping chicken with rice or something like that.
Im talking about drinking 1 liter of milk instead of a small 5'o clock meal (that would probably be cottage cheese, bread or something like that)

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Re: Milk as a meal.

Post by hoosegow » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:40 pm

No, it doesn't make sense. If all you were drinking was milk, then you need other stuff, but it sounds like your diet is pretty varied and you just want to make milk a meal for one of your meals. I have no problem with that.
Thanks TimD.

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:41 pm

if the lactose doesn't give you any digestive problems, then drink as much milk as you like. Milk has been used for bulking for millenia

stuward

Post by stuward » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:04 pm

There are lots of reasons you might want a liquid meal on occation. There's no reason to drink milk just with food. However, if someone has a sensitivity, taking it by itself, hypothetically, might cause more distress than if taken with food. Perhaps the person that told you that has a problem with milk that they haven't properly addressed.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD