Discussion of exercise and sport psychology issues

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

ballboy
n00b
n00b

Cognitive Science?

Post by ballboy » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:13 pm

Hi!

I'm applying to programs in I/O psychology and in Cognitive Science (and a few stray other departments-- looking for HCI :)

I wonder if there's anyone else here applying in Cog Sci, and what, if anything, you are doing differently with your application? Where are you applying, and how did you choose it? I don't see any rankings or anything like that, so I wonder what you're doing to narrow it down.

I'm currently working in a Cog Sci department, so perhaps I can help answer other's questions about the lab, too.

Good luck!

Valentin01
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Cognitive Science?

Post by Valentin01 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:14 pm

Hey,

my background is in Linguistics, but my ideas for a PhD thesis might well fit into a Cog Sci program.

I am planning to apply to and suggest you to read sone articles

ballboy
n00b
n00b

Post by ballboy » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:15 pm

Valentin01 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:14 pm
Hey,

my background is in Linguistics, but my ideas for a PhD thesis might well fit into a Cog Sci program.

I am planning to apply to and suggest you to read sone articles
I don't know what the protocol is about warning them about your GRE, but my intuition says, don't bother. I think bringing attention to something you're not thrilled about won't help you so can you share some articles?

Valentin01
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Valentin01 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:18 pm

I wanna start to write some articles on that thread first and only then start applying.
I can suggest you to read https://goodmancoaching.nl where you can find a lot of articles which has close connection to your thread and find also a lot of information.Cognitive psychologists are interested in questions such as how the mind represents reality.