snatch grip deadlift, mixed grip?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Jeff D
Novice
Novice

snatch grip deadlift, mixed grip?

Post by Jeff D » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:38 am

I was wondering if you could use a mixed grip when performing snatch grip deadlifts, or is doing that just an injury waiting to happen??

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:25 pm

Jeff, I've done the mixed grip sumo DL for over 30 years. It hasn't bothered me. I can't tell you that for yuou it is not an accident waiting to happen, but it hasn't bothered me

Jeff D
Novice
Novice

Post by Jeff D » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:05 pm

Tim, Im not sure if you just mistyped with sumo but im actually referring to the snatch grip distance. I tried it today and felt way stronger with the grip than i have with the double overhand grip of that same distance...but it did feel a little different on my lower back so i just wanted to know if its not recommended before i keep using it. I have done the mixed grip regularly with the standard deadlift, but never having the hands really wide apart snatch grip distance until today.

TimD

Post by TimD » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:00 pm

Hi Jeff. Yep, I typood. And got carried away with the sumo idea. I think that DLing with a mixed grip,Snatch wiidth, is a good thing to experiment with. I like it, And it just might get you a bigger, stronger backside. The only suggestions I would put forward would be to alternate the grip on reps, to keep things balanced.
Good training, Jeff,
Tim

Jeff D
Novice
Novice

Post by Jeff D » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:26 am

Yep, I make sure to alternate whenever i do mixed grips. Ok now im actually way more motivated now, cause my grip felt so much stronger mixed. Thanks for the input!