hi guys, i have a quesion about radio cod, please help me

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

nicholasnee
former lurker

hi guys, i have a quesion about radio cod, please help me

Post by nicholasnee » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:39 pm

I was wondering if you're allowed to add anything to strong lifts? This Sunday I am going to do the basic strong lifts workout 3 days a week. The workout is very simple and only has 3 exercises per each of your days and is focused around the big 5 lifts (Squat, Bench, Barbell Rows, Dead Lift, and Military Press) The workout site states that I have to start at a certain weight for each exercise and do all of them for 5 sets of 5 reps each except for Dead lift because that is only 1 set of 5. Each workout, im supposed to add only 5 pounds to the lift. Now I have heard nothing but amazing things about this workout but to me it seems a little... well... LITTLE. Has anyone ever done the full workout without adding anything on? Has anyone made huge gains with this? Would it hurt to add maybe 1 or 2 sets of 1 other lift to each day or does that defeat the purpose?

The workout is like this

Day 1
Squat 5X5
Bench 5X5
Barbell Row 5X5

Day 2
Squat 5 X5
Military Press (overhead Press) 5X5
Dead Lift 1 X5

Day 3
Squat 5X5
Bench 5X5
barbell row 5X5

My idea:

Would it be okay to add in 1 set of leg extensions and 1 set of leg curls on monday for 5 reps?
For wednesday may I add 1 or 2 sets of Lat Pull Downs or Chin ups?
For Friday, can I add incline dumbell bench?

Would thsi over complicate the workout?