Muscle loss vs fat loss

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

4l3x
n00b
n00b

Re: Muscle loss vs fat loss

Post by 4l3x » Thu May 14, 2020 11:37 pm

My understanding is that the leaner you are, the harder it is to preserve muscle while losing weight.

usherstewart
n00b
n00b

Post by usherstewart » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:05 pm

It is usually easier to convert fat into muscle. In my practice it was like this

PanicJacob
n00b
n00b

Post by PanicJacob » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:22 am

That's true, it is, this is mostly due to the body's ability to adapt to a perceived "famine" when we are losing weight. This is why undulating calories as well as allowing the body to return to maintenance for a week after a prolonged period of weight loss is beneficial. It actually makes sense as to why you would lose less weight as you continue losing weight; you're technically doing less work. I'm an obese man sitting at 360lbs, if I run a mile, I would burn a whole lot more calories than someone who is 170lbs running a mile. As I continue to run a mile, I would also adapt to the work needed to do, therefore decreasing the effectiveness of that mile. Whether this is through weight adaptation or through efficiency is moot but either way less work is done by the body, therefore less caloric expenditure.

Does this make sense? Does this help?

James Somers
n00b
n00b

Post by James Somers » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:57 am

That's the point - in order to achieve results without reducing the effectiveness of training, you need to gradually increase the load. The peculiarity of the body's work is to adapt to stress and increase endurance. If you want to lose weight, you need to progress in your activities. And, of course, monitor the amount of calories consumed and the quality of food.

avajohn
n00b
n00b

Post by avajohn » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:08 am

It's really hard for both over weighted and skinny persons, i know this post is for over weighted person, I am not over weighted, i am skinny and try to gain some weight, Skinny persons also face some problems, so recently i joined online fitness classes, one of my friend using weight gaining supplement, she's bought through Elfi Santa Coupons, I want some suggestion about weight gaining supplement, do you know about it?