is there a point doing decline and flat BP on the same day?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Gsus
Rookie
Rookie

is there a point doing decline and flat BP on the same day?

Post by Gsus » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:34 pm

i was doing incline db with flat bp and incline bp with flat db for about 1-2 months
im going to switch it up to decline db with incline bp and decline bp with incline db for about 1-2 months now after this i was thinking decline and flat but im not to sure if its worth it my incline is the weakest so maybe i should always do incline and just switch flat and decline every month or so any advice would be appreciated

Ryan A

Post by Ryan A » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:26 pm

I think that sounds good.

Incline is the most different. Decline mainly helps flat so it can be good to switch those two around.

Trillian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Trillian » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:09 pm

Just concentrate on your weak points and work on those. Continually switch up your routine (you can even create a different workout for each time that body part rolls around!) and always give it 100%. See how your body reacts to what you throw at it and go with what works best.
ACSM CPT

DeadFrog
Novice
Novice

Post by DeadFrog » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:19 am

If your like me and some others, you'll find decline a little bit easier than flat, so decline is usually a great opportunity to increase the weight, and have flat follow up the next workout session.

Incline is different while decline and flat are very closely related. Just make sure you do incline after flat/decline. Decline and flat on the same day, speaking from experience, is overkill. Unless perhaps you do two sets on flat and then one on decline.