Starting alone

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

patel
former lurker

Starting alone

Post by patel » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:13 pm

I want to follow the basic workout program you suggest in your site, but I have no idea of how much weigh I should start with and how gradually increase it. 32, 1,72, 60. No experience at all.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:42 pm

here is what I would suggest, and Coach Jvorek suggests before doing any of his programs. Write down the eercises that will be used for the duration. Take a 2-6 week period before seriously starting out, and don't think of it as a work out, but rather as practice. Every day or so, do 1 set of each exercise, with light weight, and learn the movements. Weight is of no concern right now. After the first week, you should have the movement patterns down pretty well, and can raise the weight slightly for all eercises, but still concentrating on learning, and every other day do about two sets of each in the 10-15 range, still not worrying about weight at the moment, still learning. Somewhere between weeks 3 and 6 you should have a good idea of where to start weight wise. The normal starting point is to work between a weight you can get at least 8 reps and no more than 12 reps,Just increase the reps until you can get 1-2 sets of 12, pt on some weight the next session and try to get 8 reps, then 9, and so on until you can get 12 again, increase weight and repeat.
Tim

Scott Ismari
Novice
Novice

Post by Scott Ismari » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:08 am

I agree with Tim about starting off learing the moves first. I always give my clients just enough weight to give them the "proper" feel of the movement. The amounts always come later after you coordinate your muscles to work in unison with each other. Again as Tim stated, dont worry about the heavy weights, keep your rep range moderatly high. 8-12 or even 10-15 range.
Desire, Dedication, Discipline

Scott Ismari