Morning Training.

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

TeeBee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TeeBee » Thu May 24, 2007 2:26 pm

I have found out that morning workouts are the way to go, if you're tired after work. I wake up an hour early and eat some yogurt and work out for 40 minutes. The gym is empty, so there's no waiting or distractions. I do this 4--5 times a week. I think it's a myth that you can't "go heavy" too early. So if night workouts are too much, try the morning. If I can do it, anybody can.

leif3141
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by leif3141 » Thu May 24, 2007 4:14 pm

I used to only do endurance in the morning, thanks to the military training. I started lifting weights in the morning and I do fine. I must admit though, sometimes I wait till midday and I'm able to lift more. It's important to do warm up exercises when working out in the morning though...especially if your like me and start about 30 mins after u wake up. The problem is now its hard for me to function at school when I don't work out now!

daniel4738

Post by daniel4738 » Fri May 25, 2007 3:51 am

Well, if anyone is interested, for the past couple of weeks I have been getting up at 0600, eating a 150g bowl of oats + 200ml of full fat milk and Tea with 4g sugar cube (Bah, I used to like 16g of sugar). I then ride to the gym which takes 15-20mins and arrive at 1bout 0650, get changed, spend 5 mins warming up dynamically and start working out at 0700.

I tend to finish by about 0750 as the workout is generally short and intense, then some stretching. I am showered and have ridden to work by 0830. I have started eating more protein and fats (was on 75% carbs, 12%protein, 13% fat) and do some endurance training in the evening.

I am really starting to fee, good in the mornings, I am waking up naturally at 0545 (which is a bugger at weekends :p) and I have loads of energy during the day.

Thanks for all of the comments everyone posted on here :D I will buy you all a good pint of English Ale one day :)

stuward

Post by stuward » Fri May 25, 2007 7:35 am

Where do you live. We'll be over this evening.

Stu

YeahBuddy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YeahBuddy » Sat May 26, 2007 5:33 pm

I used to work out in the morning and it definitely has it's cons as well as pros. It's nice to have a gym to yourself and to get that extra time later in the day, but I found that I was usually somewhat dehydrated and had less energy in the morning. I also felt like it was such a rigorous schedule to keep, that burnout was just around the corner. But that's just me.