Thanks Stephen, Tim and Iron Man even though you guys are...

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

anzafrank
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Stephen, Tim and Iron Man even though you guys are...

Post by anzafrank » Mon May 28, 2007 12:07 am

still kids. It's very nice of you to take the time to give some tips. I've been looking at this site for a year, but my back has held me up (plus lazyness, over eating, potato chips & beer) from exercising.

I'm at the stage in life that if i don't make some changes, i'm problably not going to last a very long time. Happens to the best of us, but if i have my way, it won't happen to me. I need to get rid of about 40lbs.

I don't think you guys realize just how much you change lives with your great advice through experience, and i'm going to folow it. The over eating is so much fun to quit, i just can't wait to stop doing it. I guess it's all fun starting out.

If i'm lifting (not beers) full body work outs with lite resistance for at least a month or two three days per week, would i be over training by walking on three of my off days with one full days rest? I know Tim is not too hot on splits, and to start, i don't think i am either. For now anyway.

Thanks again,

Frank

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Mon May 28, 2007 5:17 am

Well I'm 31, so if those 2 are kids, I must be the grandkid. hehe :)

I don't think the walking will be a problem. Try to make it brisk.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Mon May 28, 2007 8:05 am

I agree w/ Ironman. I don't think it (walking) would be too much, just keep an eye on things and go by feel. As to the weights, start slow there too. What I would suggest would be to use the templates on this site, listed under the beginner's here on the site, and come up with a couple of different full body routines using some exercise substitutions. That way you will get some variety and won't burn out too quickly. Again, start slowly, try and keep it fu, and see how you feel before worrying about overtraining.
Good training
Tim

leif3141
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by leif3141 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:07 am

Wow...

I feel really young, being only 23. I even feel young when I goto the gym or out on the jogging/biking path. Most of them men are older than me...of course the women are not. But as they say...women seem to like older men!