Can anyone help me with my imbalances (picures included)

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

caangelxox

Post by caangelxox » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:17 pm

stuward - I have a chin up bar, but my dad is a jerk and won't put the thingy in so I can put the bar on to do my pull ups!

At least I can do inverted rows though by taking 2 same size objects around the house (bins) and put chairs on top of them (same sizes) and then the bar.

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:09 pm

Body rows are fine. I usually see them as a sub for chinups/pullups for folks who can't do those, but I find they're a different stimulus for me. I have a harder time with them than with chinups or pullups. If you can hang from rings or even ropes or straps (awesome grip workout) you can do body rows from them, too.

Onlyethic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Onlyethic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:18 am

Just wanted to jump back in and say thanks for the comments. Things are improving with the new, more balanced workout. Got the foam roller too, which is awesome-- thanks KPj.

As for pullup bar mini-discussion above, just go out to any jungle gym and grab a set or two during or after a run. If the bars a bit weird (not straight, two unequal heights for each hand, whatever) so much the better, as it requires you to change things up.

For more than 2 years of pullup sessions 3-5 times a week I never once touched a purposed pullup bar. Just keep your eyes open, be creative.

pdellorto

Post by pdellorto » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:14 am

Onlyethic - that's a good idea. You can even do pullups off a towel hanging over an open (and strong) door. No reason you can't extend that to swingsets, I-beams, goalposts, tree limbs, etc.

Come warm weather (the roads are slick with ice these days) I'm going to have to stop on my long distance bike rides and bang out a set or so of towel pullups.