wats the real logic?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

according to you guys each body part should been worked out on how many times a week for size growth?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:52 am

once a week
20%
twice a week
60%
thrice a week
20%

Total votes: 5

kunalbh
Rookie
Rookie

wats the real logic?

Post by kunalbh » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:52 am

ive bee working out for the last 2 years but in these 2 years have never done a single body part twice a week, are there any benifits of doing a body part twice a week?. since the past two years i have been following one body part to be hit once a week and the results am getting are satisfactory. Could anyone please help me with the benifits of hitting a body part twice a week

recmatt
Novice
Novice

Post by recmatt » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:47 am

It depends on your goals and how advanced you are in strength and size. If you are an advanced trainer you'll be training with heavier weights so you'll need more time to recover. So each body part once a week may be ok. Usually if you are a beginner you'll need to train probably 2 - 3 x a week to get stronger and bigger. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:33 pm

All of the above.

deano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deano » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:13 pm

Ironman wrote:All of the above.
Agreed, thats a hard Q to answer as no one frequency applies to everyone or even most everyone.

kunalbh
Rookie
Rookie

is it ok

Post by kunalbh » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:21 am

im into the advanced trainering schedule now.. life quite hevy weights so is it ok if i stick to a fice day work out a week takin every body part once a week?

KPj
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by KPj » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:30 am

Whatever one your not doing :-)

kunalbh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kunalbh » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:39 am

hmmmm i did not get you. :-0 lol

KPj

Post by KPj » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:07 am

kunalbh wrote:hmmmm i did not get you. :-0 lol
It's reference to the saying.... "the best training program is the one your not doing".

It really just means that your body adapts to anything. So if your on a great program, it will only be great for so long - until your body adapts to it. Then the best thing you can do is change things up. Like when you first try a new exercise, you really feel it the next day (or more) but that only lasts for a few sessions.

More specifically, if you've been doing a body part split routine for a while then change to an upper lower split or something that hits each muscle twice per week then your body will be shocked and progress will be good (assuming there are no other issues i.e. diet). But after a while, progress on that routine will stall a little or just not feel as effective as it used to due to adaptation. So you switch things up again - you don't need to always change how many times you hit a muscles per week, thats the beauty of weight training.. You can change exercise selection, rep and set range, rest intervals, set types (i.e. clusters, super sets etc)... You can have a volume based approach where you aim to get more reps in the same amount of time (search EDT training as an example) instead of just concentrating on more weight....

KPj