Cannot get sore after strenght training.

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

tostig
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tostig » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:25 pm

I think this is related to the topic. I just performed concentration curls on my bicpeps until my left arm couldn't curl anymore no matter how much I tried. (my right arm is abit stronger).

The next day, I felt sore around my body where I worked out (triceps, back, etc) but not my biceps - even on the left arm, and I know I did my limit.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:14 pm

Thats because conc curls are more of a brachialis exercise. Sometimes it can be hard to work the biceps because of genetics. For example my capri ulnaris seems to be dominant in pretty much any elbow flexion. So the results are 14 inch forearms and 16 inch biceps. It looks good, but it would be better closer to 17.

I would suggest doing more of your back work underhand and doing standard dumbbell curls. Normally I like barbell a little better. But in your case dumbbells are a must.

Another trick is to pre-fatigue the lats with pullovers and then go right into close grip underhand pulldowns in a superset. Try to focus on the top part of the lift. Just make sure you don't overtrain your lats.