Losing muscle

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

matthewmccaw
Novice
Novice

Losing muscle

Post by matthewmccaw » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:55 pm

For over a week I'v been unwell and havn't been able to eat compared to my usual 5 meals I'v just been having meal replacement drinks, havn't been able to train either along with my splinted finger also making it difficult.
I feel like I'm loosing muscle aleady...was jus wandeing how quick muscle can detereriate and how I can stall it?

Thanks Matthew.

stuward

Re: Losing muscle

Post by stuward » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:04 pm

You won't lose muscle over a week, maybe a little of your pump which is just fluid loss. At any rate, it will come back quickly even if you're off for several months.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

matthewmccaw
Novice
Novice

Post by matthewmccaw » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:16 pm

stuward wrote:You won't lose muscle over a week, maybe a little of your pump which is just fluid loss. At any rate, it will come back quickly even if you're off for several months.
I was just worried because of the severe lack of food and the wek before that of unstable training with my finger the staps and hooks did help though but still felt as though my finger was getting involved, I find out wether I need metal in it on Tuesday it's beny everywere. Walking disaster!......On the upside If You can remember Stu my pot belly has became far far less, which suggests it was just the food sitting:)

Thanks Stu....Matthew

Rik-Blades
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Rik-Blades » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:21 am

I feel like I loose muscle if I miss just one meal!
--
...I don't have a signature...

siddle51
former lurker

Post by siddle51 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:45 am

I am not overweight now (after coming close and losing some due to healthier food) but my legs are still massive (and yes, it is muscle...I have very little fat left on them), so that they are actually out of proportion, especially given the less intense lifestyle I'll be living now. I simply don't need the huge legs, nor do I really need the extra metabolism that muscle provides...I will adjust accordingly.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:00 am

siddle51 wrote:I am not overweight now (after coming close and losing some due to healthier food) but my legs are still massive (and yes, it is muscle...I have very little fat left on them), so that they are actually out of proportion, especially given the less intense lifestyle I'll be living now. I simply don't need the huge legs, nor do I really need the extra metabolism that muscle provides...I will adjust accordingly.
I'll bet this is :spam1: !
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:35 am

strange angle

Rik-Blades
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Rik-Blades » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Jungledoc wrote:
siddle51 wrote:I am not overweight now (after coming close and losing some due to healthier food) but my legs are still massive (and yes, it is muscle...I have very little fat left on them), so that they are actually out of proportion, especially given the less intense lifestyle I'll be living now. I simply don't need the huge legs, nor do I really need the extra metabolism that muscle provides...I will adjust accordingly.
I'll bet this is :spam1: !
especially given the less intense lifestyle I'll be living now. I simply don't need the huge legs, nor do I really need the extra metabolism that muscle provides...I will adjust accordingly
Well....how will you make the adjustment??? Cut your legs off??? :roll:
--
...I don't have a signature...

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Maybe you could get some muscle surgically removed.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan