over all athletecism

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, stuward, parth

If steroids were legal would you take them?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:13 pm

definitely
No votes
maybe
28%
no
72%

Total votes: 18

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:15 pm

To answer your question corless it depends alot on the type you take. Such as Winstrol and Anadrol. Anadrol is known to be possibly the strongest steroid available to buy. Easily you can put on 20 lbs in solid muscle within weeks of taking it. But, there is alot of side effects such as headaches, water retension, liver toxicity (leading to possible liver failure or cancer). On top of that, after 4-6 weeks of cycling the muscle building effects level off and immediately after you quit the drug your muscles will shrink back to pre steroid levels. Winstrol is a milder one. This one alot less side effects and in some cases none and is nowhere near as taxing on the liver as Anadrol. There's a higher chance of keeping the muscle after your cycle is complete. Needles are ironically the safest way to take them if you know what you are doing - No liver damage. There is alot of hype with steroids and their effects on people. The media portrays them as things that will kill you the instant you take them and the same with some doctors. There are thousands of voices out there that arn't heard about steroids, some bad stories but alot of them have not gotten hurt by them. Look at Arnold, he took Dbol and hes just fine besides the quad bypass surgury, but you don't know if the two are interconnected though because you don't know how he ate or what substances he possibly abused (smoking & drinking included).

corless319
Novice
Novice

Post by corless319 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:25 pm

thats the thing though when i lift and gain size it doesnt seem to go away unless i stop lifting for an extended period of time i wouldnt want to spend money on something get huge and then stop spending and shrink ... thats wierd....i understand why certain people would use it though . i think it would be cool if they made a way to use it safely and legally and incorporate that into sports. Call me crazy but i think it would be awesome.

Stuart_666
n00b
n00b

Post by Stuart_666 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:16 am

Personally I voted no. This is because I like the size I am, and wouldn't want to get much bigger as I do not like the bulging appearance. I do not think legalising steroids would be a good idea for the reason that everyone is unique, and if all the skinny kids were to take steroids we might all end up being the same size and build, which is no fun at all. Every body type has it's athletic advantages, and I think people should run with what they've got, and if they want to change that, then it should be through a lot of effort and hardwork. For those that are blessed with good genes, be thankful.

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:35 am

and if all the skinny kids were to take steroids we might all end up being the same size and build, which is no fun at all.
Wrong, thats a myth.

corless319
Novice
Novice

Post by corless319 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:02 am

Wrong thread hahaha the myth goes in the other one... haha no but seriously even if you take steroids its not like you sit there and get huge those guys bust their ass' as hard as anyone they just have a little help or a lot i dont know but i know muscle just doesnt appear overnight. If that was the case there would be the anabolic muscle ferry you put like 300$ under your pullow wake up with some steroids under there hahaha . I just think if everyone was bigger stronger and faster football would be better. I know a lot of people who love the big hits the fast guys and the jacked guys they would get all the want with that. There are guys who are receivers in the nfl that are like 6'0 178 lbs running 4.4 forties if i were six foot id want to be at least 220 solid and run a 4.4 and with legalized roids i think it would be easily attainable. I don't know eventually we'll have superhuman cops and $h1t so im not too worried about it. It will happen i think haha

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:35 pm

I just think if everyone was bigger stronger and faster football would be better.
I hope you realize that there is alot more to being a good football player/team than just speed & strength.

corless319
Novice
Novice

Post by corless319 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:04 pm

haha ironmaiden yes i definitly know there is a lot more than just speed and strength that goes into football. I mean you can be the worlds fastest person and could be a horrible football player. Or you could be the strongest and be horrible. I'm talking about football players that already are experts in the sport just fine tuning and anhancing their capabilities to break speed strength jumping barriers. For instance i remember when the titans were in the superbowl they were a yard and some change short of getting that touchdown to win it. If he was slightly faster and had a slightly better jumpnig ability he may have been able to get that. You can't give some dense huge guy who can't grasp the idea of organised sports steroids and expect him to be amazing im saying just improve what we have. I'd say go for it but have it closely monitored cause like you said ironmaiden its not really bad for you if you use it right. Just my opinion.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:46 am

Some people do better with dbol if they take it at the dosages commonly used with anadrol. Liver toxicity is overstated. However taking more than 1 oral at a time, or taking it for more than 5 weeks or so at a time can be very bad. There are other side effects though. Tren is probably the strongest one. However it makes some people feel real crappy so they aren't able to work out. So it doesn't work for everyone that tries it. It also has one of the nastiest side effect profiles.

Anyone making those kinds of decisions should be very advanced, serious and have diet and training down to science. Extensive research should also be done at steroid.com and forum.steroids.com.

Just for the sake of people who might happen to come across this while doing a search.

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:14 am

corless319_

Post by corless319_ » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:24 am

I just reread this thread and thought it was a very informitive one. Although I'm sure I'll never take steroids. The information is very good.