Cardio?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, stuward, parth

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Re: Cardio?

Post by Stephen Johnson » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:02 pm

duly noted wrote:... and cardio started at 3 times per week for 20 minutes evolving over 16 weeks to 6 times per week for an hour... Does that make sense?
No. Unless you're Lance Armstrong or Jim Ryun, it's overkill. It's amazing that you had any energy left to do serious lifting after doing all that cardio.

duly noted
Rookie
Rookie

Post by duly noted » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:03 pm

Stu... I see your point now. With those %, all of my weight loss would have been fat loss with no muscle gain... Doesn't seem possible...

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:31 pm

Exactly, I would expect to either some gain or some loss in muscle. Given the amount and speed of the weight loss I would expect muscle loss. That would set you up for a rebound once the diet stopped. How did your weight change in the year after you stopped the diet?

duly noted
Rookie
Rookie

Post by duly noted » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Well... I slowly gained but not up to my pre-program weight. When I worked out (and even now), I notice that I am much stronger and my muscles respond much quicker than that initial phasing in... so my muscles must have been getting some attention. Also, I know that my arms and legs bulked up quite a bit... and I saw much improvement in my shoulders and back, so something was happening with my muscles.