P90X

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

crb41
n00b
n00b

P90X

Post by crb41 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi everybody, what has everyone heard about the P90X routine videos? Has anyone tried it; if so, did you happen to find good results?

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Wed May 14, 2008 8:06 pm

I saw the video on an infomercial. Save your money. It's very similar to crossfit. Go to crossfit.com. do the reading, and yes, the results are good, but it's geared to general fitness, NOT and bodybuilding type of aspect.
Tim

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Thu May 15, 2008 4:08 am

Also try Search:

http://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4 ... light=p90x

http://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4 ... light=p90x

I'll second TimD on Crossfit. Someone on those forums tried P90X and his comments boiled down to "it works, but Crossfit works just as well and it's free."

Peter

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri May 16, 2008 12:43 am

I saw those commercials too. It works very well, but their are free sources of that sort of thing. Of course with this it is all planned out for you so you don't have to think at all. You just follow the instructions.

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Fri May 16, 2008 9:58 am

My dad has them and he find some of the exercises excruciating to perform, but he's not in the best of shape either.

trainer Chris
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trainer Chris » Mon May 19, 2008 12:14 pm

if you notice on every PX90 commercial the before pics are all people that are already fit and have alot of experience exercising. and the after pics are great. but i have had some memebrs order it adn not be able to perform alot of the exercises and not get the results they had expected. bottom line its not worth a few hundred buck i agree with crossfit being similar and free. the only thing better about PX90 is the flexability and yoga and pilates and core sections crossfit does not get into that kind of stuff.

frogbyte
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by frogbyte » Wed May 21, 2008 10:05 pm

Heh funny you should mention those pics. A few days ago I saw an ad for P90X and I couldn't help but notice all the before pics were people with good muscle tone, but just a little flabby. And in the after they just lost a little fat.

I've seen other fitness before/afters do the same thing... hide good muscle behind fat in the before pictures, and the after pictures look much more dramatic, no doubt with a nice workout pump too...

Chris_A
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Chris_A » Wed May 21, 2008 11:17 pm

frogbyte wrote:Heh funny you should mention those pics. A few days ago I saw an ad for P90X and I couldn't help but notice all the before pics were people with good muscle tone, but just a little flabby. And in the after they just lost a little fat.

I've seen other fitness before/afters do the same thing... hide good muscle behind fat in the before pictures, and the after pictures look much more dramatic, no doubt with a nice workout pump too...
If you look closely, you'll see most of the ads for fat burners and such are for bodybuilders that are cutting. That is, coming off a bulking stage and looking to lose fat to expose the new muscle. It's a standard pro cycle, but a bit misleading for those that don't understand the "on season"/"off season" cycles.