Parallel Bar Dips and Pull -up-Chin-up variations

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, parth, stuward

work of art
n00b
n00b

Parallel Bar Dips and Pull -up-Chin-up variations

Post by work of art » Tue May 27, 2008 6:46 pm

In my opinion these are 2 of the best upperbody mass builders around that i dont see done to much in the gym.Some people seem to want to do whats comfortable and easy like pressdowns and pulldowns.Get out of your comfort zone and discover the benefits of 2 of the best upper body exercises around.

Manofsteel319

Post by Manofsteel319 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:59 am

what is a parallel bar dip? I just thought it was the dips thing? Are you saying work of art that most people dont do dips? I think I use a parallel bar... but I used dbells at my feet to add weight usually add 45 lb dbells or more. Wish my biceps could handle the added weight on pull ups!!!

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Re: Parallel Bar Dips and Pull -up-Chin-up variations

Post by Stephen Johnson » Wed May 28, 2008 10:18 am

work of art wrote:In my opinion these are 2 of the best upperbody mass builders around that i dont see done to much in the gym.Some people seem to want to do whats comfortable and easy like pressdowns and pulldowns.Get out of your comfort zone and discover the benefits of 2 of the best upper body exercises around.
The problem is that many trainers don't have enough upper body strength to do a chin/dip workout. The Gravitron and other assist machines are a real help for people like that. I used them to build up to the point that I could do a bodyweight chin/dip workout. But it took a lot of time and effort.

stuward

Post by stuward » Wed May 28, 2008 10:33 am

Manofsteel319 wrote:what is a parallel bar dip?
John, it's probably what you're doing now.

Most gyms have something similar, usually in combination with a pull up station. I agree with Stephen, most people have to work up to these exercises but once you're there they are great exercises.

Manofsteel319

Post by Manofsteel319 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:35 am

hmm ok... yea well.. I do them with dbells at my feet.... not bad for me i guess. lol 60 lbs is the highest i go though. I seen a dude doing pullups with this weight belt he had a 45 lb plate and two tens i was like WTF I didn't know the hulk went to my gym!!! LOL

stuward

Post by stuward » Wed May 28, 2008 11:03 am

John, here's something to work on next:

Manofsteel319

Post by Manofsteel319 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:05 am

I think I could hold that poze for like a half a second when i instantly jumped up that way ... hahaha I'll try that today today is biceps and backs... lmao I'm sure I wont be able to but I'll try!! Imagine what people will think!!! hahaha awesome