weak wrists...needing advice here

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

uvhst3p
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by uvhst3p » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:53 pm

i only do the curls when there's an activity the next day where girls are involved. it's just for ego.

anyway, with or without the curls, my wrists still hurt after the original set. i remember that my wrists still hurt when i wasn't doing curls

Rik-Blades
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Rik-Blades » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:03 am

Anshan wrote:i only do the curls when there's an activity the next day where girls are involved. it's just for ego.

anyway, with or without the curls, my wrists still hurt after the original set. i remember that my wrists still hurt when i wasn't doing curls
Yes, thats the problem, once you have an injury to the wrist, it's pretty much impossible to lift without it still hurting. It's not like you can hold the weights any other way without involving the wrist!

If I remember correctly, you work with computers right? Maybe your keyboard position and mouse are damaging your wrist too?

You could try strapping up the wrist with a bandage nice and tight, to help support it whilst lifting. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x_pN3XuR6Xs
pdellorto wrote:I wouldn't take a break from lifting, but you may want to take a break from curls. They aren't critical to your program, and they are elbow/wrist flexor muscle exercises. Exactly the muscles on your right arm that hurt!
Sure, i'm not suggesting Anshan should give up lifting altogether, avoiding the exercises peter mentioned is going to help the wrist recover. But my point is that sometimes you will probably need to take a break, through illness or injury. To compound a problem by ignoring it would be a mistake. Dont give up! I for one like to read your posts and monitor your progress through your Journal.

Anshan, how is your diet these day's? I notice from your Journal your not stating what you eat anymore. My main concern with you has always been you dont eat enough protein and variety of quaility foods in order for your body to repair itself.

uvhst3p
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by uvhst3p » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:20 am

i don't think that my hand position for the keyboard and mouse is affecting my wrists too much because i have been using a computer the same way since i was in grade school

anyway, i exercised today with some sort of wrist cloth guard and it really helped lessen the pain in my right wrist

i also read somewhere that a person should rest about 1 or 2 weeks after lifting weights 3 or 4 months straight. maybe i should take break from lifting weights for a week or so.

yeah i haven't been posting my sleeping times and my diet since i found it too taxing to keep track of the various recipes. but basically, i eat chicken, beef, meat, pork, bacon, eggs, fruits, half rice as always, oat meal with low fat milk, whole wheat bread and peanut butter, pancakes, and carrots for most of my snacks; with some veggies, fish, and sushi sometimes. most of them fried since it's the fastest way to prepare them. i have also been trying to lessen my soda drinking and fast food eating...trying as the keyword. recently though, my mom came for a visit and ruined my diet. it's my mom, and it's our birth month, and i can't really refuse her so i ate chocolate and junk food for the week's party. (yeah, it was a week of celebration.) man, i have never felt guilty about eating chocolate before.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:57 pm

But did your mom make lumpia and pansit? Adobo? Mmmm. Can I come over?

uvhst3p
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by uvhst3p » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:27 pm

sure come on down here. however, she didn't cook those food except for lumpia because i just don't like the taste of them.

i am going to take a break from weight lifting for a week or two or until my right wrist feels okay. right now, just lifting my office bag bothers my right wrist

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:33 am

I'll settle for the lumpia, and a bunch of those little, tiny bananas.