Biceps Question

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

mattk25
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mattk25 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Gotta say guys, I've started doing full body workouts and so far I've only done 2, but they kick my butt!!!! I like it though. I'm going to stick with this for a while and see what happens. Thanks again!

StarShmnz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StarShmnz » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:10 pm

i know im late to say this but why do people care about arm size?

I mean it seems lately people only care about benching and curling. they may be better than nothing but to me theyre not that important.

I mean come on what would you rather do bench 300 pounds or squat that weight and mabe more

To me power and strength come from exercises like dead lifts, cleans, squats, lunges, sprints, stairs, and pushups
Theres obviously more but these are some of the main ones

Stephen Johnson
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Post by Stephen Johnson » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:31 pm

StarShmnz wrote:i know im late to say this but why do people care about arm size?
If someone asked you to "make a muscle", you know that they want you to flex your arm to see how big your biceps are. Nobody has ever asked me (fortunately! :lol: ) to flex my neck or calves. Of all the bodybuilding poses, more contests have been won by the front double biceps pose than any other. Just ask Arnold.

It's all vanity, and the biceps are the ultimate vanity muscle. Although strong biceps (not big biceps) are a MUST in wrestling and other pulling sports.

StarShmnz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StarShmnz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:10 pm

If someone asked you to "make a muscle", you know that they want you to flex your arm to see how big your biceps are. Nobody has ever asked me (fortunately! :lol: ) to flex my neck or calves. Of all the bodybuilding poses, more contests have been won by the front double biceps pose than any other. Just ask Arnold.

sad but true :lol: