This is probably an odd question...

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, stuward, parth

Rucifer

This is probably an odd question...

Post by Rucifer » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:09 pm

But umm...I want have my waist not be so bony. LOL. Like right below the stomach and above the thighs, on the sides, my pelvic bones or whatever you want to call them are very sharp. Heh. I used to be chubby and it wasn't a problem. Now that I'm thin, most of me is pretty toned but these bones really protrude. I was looking at exercises to maybe cover them up with some muscle on this website...and thought maybe the hip flexion raise or whatever (lying on back and bringing your knees to your chest) said it was targeting that area. But thought I would ask for feedback. Or if is even possible to put muscle in this area to cover the bone.

nygmen

Re: This is probably an odd question...

Post by nygmen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Rucifer wrote: Now that I'm thin, most of me is pretty toned but these bones really protrude.
I would have to say, you need to gain some mass, all over your body, not just your hips.

I wouldn't worry about trying to cover just those certain bones, unless they are honestly the only ones you can see. If protrude is an accurate description, I would bet a paycheck you need some lean mass all over.

I'm not trying to be rude, or insult you, just trying to answer your question. If your going to add mass to your mid section, your going to have to add it everywhere.

Rucifer

Post by Rucifer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:43 pm

No offense taken. I guess I should reiterate. I'm not like skin and bones. Its just when I am like laying town and my stomach is already spread (as opposed to sitting when its all bunched up and can make a thin man sorta look fat). I'm not a stick- I have some muscle, wouldn't mind putting on more. I guess I would just like to also put some extra down there too whilst I'm doing the rest...

brook011
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by brook011 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:40 pm

you cant really spot add or remove.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:47 am

The only thing between your iliac crests (the part of your pelvis that you are concerned about) and the world outside is skin and subcutaneous fat. You can't make your skin thicker, so that leaves the fat. I can't imagine wanting to add fat, so my advice to you is to accept that you won't be the next Mr. Universe, maybe not even Mr. Podunk County, and leave things the way they are. [Insert platitudes about accepting yourself just the way you are.]

Rucifer

Post by Rucifer » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:37 pm

Jungledoc wrote:The only thing between your iliac crests (the part of your pelvis that you are concerned about) and the world outside is skin and subcutaneous fat. You can't make your skin thicker, so that leaves the fat. I can't imagine wanting to add fat, so my advice to you is to accept that you won't be the next Mr. Universe, maybe not even Mr. Podunk County, and leave things the way they are. [Insert platitudes about accepting yourself just the way you are.]
LOL...nice. Fair enough. No I don't wanna go back to fat ;). One of the unfortunate side of effects of losing weight- seeing other imperfections it was covering, and having to buy a new wardrobe. LOL.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:42 pm

If that's your only imperfection, you're doing pretty well! :wink:

aman
Novice
Novice

Post by aman » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am

though I agree with jungledoc, but in order to add mass on lower portion, you may want to squat and do more good mornings with heavier weights , supported by good diet. This will keep mass addition majorly to lower protion.

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:59 am

Jungledoc wrote:If that's your only imperfection, you're doing pretty well! :wink:
No kidding. I've got the same imperfection (hah, I'm pretty far from perfection). My hips are pointy. If you get the rest of you in better shape (get leaner but a little more muscular) no one will notice or care.