The Pull-Up Challenge

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:07 pm

stuward wrote:How about a one hand lift overhead. You could do it anyway you want, jerk, snatch, swing, bent press, TGU, etc. Use any implement you want, dumbbell, kettlebell, rock etc. The only rule would be you start from the floor and finish with one hand locked out overhead and only one hand touches the weight all the way up. The goal would be an increase in your strongest side. My best is 80# in the DB snatch (Rt side only). Matt said he got 100# a few weeks ago. Hoister is an expert on this. Maybe he'll volunteer advise.
Stu--Why don't you start a new thread and present the challenge?

Blue Running Man
Novice
Novice

Post by Blue Running Man » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Great Job, everyone!

I wanted to join in, but it didn't fit well with my current training. I'm starting a new program on Monday, that will include one arm snatches, so I'm defiantly in for that one.

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:52 am

The one arm lifts are a lot of fun. I got thrown out of a commercial gym when doing the old York barbell III course. In it, the first exercise is repitition one arm BB jerks. That got a few looks, but when I got to no. 2, the 1 arm repitition muscle snatch w/ Barbell, the management became unglued. Also, make sure you have good collars, and that they are seurely fastened. I have a few holes in my walls where plates have been shooting through.
Tim