Developing thick mid section?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

ozzi99
n00b
n00b

Developing thick mid section?

Post by ozzi99 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:54 am

Hey again guys, i got another question(Search found nothing).
Before i started going to the gym i was like a toothpick. After about a year i my legs and upper body developed quite a bit but my mid section has stayed pretty much the same. I've been eating bucket loads and doing squats and deads assuming that they'd help but they aren't seeming to make any difference. Are there any exercises you could suggest that would help? Also, im 6'3", does being tall affect this?

Thanks, Oscar.

quadfrog
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by quadfrog » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:21 pm

Try consuming more wings and beer...NO, honestly, if you want extended abdominals and thick obliques, weighted crunches and side-hyper extensions may achieve that. I prefer the classic physique though, like Frank Zayne or Dave Draper had, to the bulky, blocky cartoon types you see in bodybuilding competition today. When you have well-develped delts and lats, a small waist makes your physique appear more athletic and powerful. As an afternote: your genetics pretty well determine what body type you're stuck with, which must be ectomorphic. Your metabolic rate may also be a factor, in which case you may want to limit your erobic activity and stick to compound exercises and heavy loads.