being vascular and body fat percentage

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

manofsteel1385
Apprentice
Apprentice

being vascular and body fat percentage

Post by manofsteel1385 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:59 am

I remember awhile back I used to lift with a friend of mine that was pretty jacked. We seen this huge guy at the gym and he was doing curls and his biceps and arms were extremely vascular. My friend told me the only way you'd get veins in your arms like that was to take steroids.
I plan on getting bigger and getting more cut with lifting and doing cardio and I have noticed veins starting to get bigger and more noticeable in my biceps, my deltoids(anterior) and even in on my triceps near my elbows. I am not on steroids, is being vascular based completely on body fat percentage or what? I think so but you guys are more experienced than I.

Btw Old name on here used to be Corless319. happy to be back and using the site guys. Miss it. Thanks.

stuward

Post by stuward » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:38 am

Losing fat is the first part.

Are you stick around awhile this time John? What have you been doing with yourself?

brook011
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by brook011 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:41 am

Bodyfat is a huge part of it. I find once my bodyfat dips below the 11-12% range my bicep veins become fairly prominent

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Lower body fat and larger muscles are a big part of it. Steroids will do it too. Anavar is particularly known for this.

manofsteel1385
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by manofsteel1385 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:36 pm

Yes stu im sticking around this time I have to find a gym around here and get back into it. I have been doing what i can with limited options. I made dip bars i made a dead lift bar both using cynder blocks and 7 foot long wooden fence posts. Anyone remember the slosh pipe? I made that but it had to stay in Syracuse lol couldn't go with me on the bus to Florida haha.

Thanks for the answer guys I'm slowly but surely getting my body fat percentage down and im noticing veins everywhere. My weight is down as well which isn't too bad cause I look more jacked I'm about 185 so.I ran nine miles today in 82 degree weather, thought I was going to die. Not a fat tard I used to be when I was in the forum a lot awhile back haha. talk to you guys later. thanks again.

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:54 pm

Ironman wrote:Lower body fat and larger muscles are a big part of it. Steroids will do it too. Anavar is particularly known for this.
Can't forget winny and tren. Well winny is a cutting steroid, tren not so much just insanely anabolic in comparison to other steroids.

brook011
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by brook011 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Theres legal stuff as well that works quite well for leaning out, though obviously wont compare to an injectable steroid.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:13 pm

ironmaiden708 wrote:
Ironman wrote:Lower body fat and larger muscles are a big part of it. Steroids will do it too. Anavar is particularly known for this.
Can't forget winny and tren. Well winny is a cutting steroid, tren not so much just insanely anabolic in comparison to other steroids.
They all do it. Anavar is just the one known for it. Winny is what helps them get that hard dry look. That's pretty much all you can do with that. Now tren is one that can go in any cycle. It doubles the efficiency in food. That's why it is used in cows, much cheaper beef. In bodybuilders, same thing you get growth on less food. So you can cut with tren, restricting the diet to starvation levels and still put on a little muscle mass. But that is if it is tolerated well. Some people feel so crappy on it, they can't even work out.

But even anadrol will make you more vascular. You just won't be able to see it until you cycle off because of the water retention.

The veiny look is cool to a point, but eventually it's too much. Same thing with bodyfat. Sometimes 9 or 10% looks better than 7 to me. Plus you have to keep in mind girls don't like veins.

But anyway, the main thing is bigger veins are needed to supply bigger muscles.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:57 pm

Veins don't supply muscles (or anything), they drain. Arteries supply.

ironmaiden708

Post by ironmaiden708 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:36 pm

Ironman wrote:
ironmaiden708 wrote:
They all do it. Anavar is just the one known for it. Winny is what helps them get that hard dry look. That's pretty much all you can do with that. Now tren is one that can go in any cycle. It doubles the efficiency in food. That's why it is used in cows, much cheaper beef. In bodybuilders, same thing you get growth on less food. So you can cut with tren, restricting the diet to starvation levels and still put on a little muscle mass. But that is if it is tolerated well. Some people feel so crappy on it, they can't even work out.

But even anadrol will make you more vascular. You just won't be able to see it until you cycle off because of the water retention.

The veiny look is cool to a point, but eventually it's too much. Same thing with bodyfat. Sometimes 9 or 10% looks better than 7 to me. Plus you have to keep in mind girls don't like veins.

But anyway, the main thing is bigger veins are needed to supply bigger muscles.
I can assure you winny is more well known than var for cutting.

manofsteel1385
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by manofsteel1385 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:34 pm

well when the time comes if the time comes i may use performance enhancing supplements... im not there yet. I'll make sure I talk to you guys when I get there.

What I have been doing is more work less calorie intake. I have cut out sodas and coffee and have been going with mainly water and 2% milk. I have been running my a$$ off in the sand in the trails in the woods down here and just doing a lot of kalistenics and I have noticed a lot of veins even in my lower abs and my hip flexor areas.

I think it's awesome and I do not care what females think lol. Either they like me or don't not too worried about it. Also another quick question without starting another thread. With out the use of actual weights since i really don't have access right now and I'm pretty much doing kalistenics is it ok to do a full body workout every day since weights aren't involved?

brook011
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by brook011 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:47 am

I guess, but unless youre doing something with sandbags or pullups/pushups/etc, youre not going to get where you're looking for. If you cant afford weights, go get yourself some sledgehammers and try this -- http://blog.news-record.com/staff/chees ... kout.shtml

manofsteel1385
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by manofsteel1385 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:43 am

brook011 wrote:I guess, but unless youre doing something with sandbags or pullups/pushups/etc, youre not going to get where you're looking for. If you cant afford weights, go get yourself some sledgehammers and try this -- http://blog.news-record.com/staff/chees ... kout.shtml
Haha thanks brook but my job is intense manual labor as it is for instance I shoveled wheel barrels full of much 3 trailers full which is seven yard per trailer plus i ran the barells to my brother dumped them and ran back that was two weeks ago. Last week I had to dig out a three foot wide sixtyseven foot long 4 inch deep section of grass near a strip mall that we maintain and then after that I had to shovel gravel from the bed of the trailer into the wheel barrel and then pour it into that 67x3x4inch section and I can tell you gravel is a lot heavier then mulch. Good thing I don't have a desk job anymore. Maybe I'm better off than I think? Thanks for the suggestion though.

brook011
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by brook011 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:44 am

Then if you feel your work is enough, then your problem lies in diet if you're not vascular. I'm not on anything and I have several prominent veins on my shoulders into my chest and a side bicep vein, and I'm not on anything beyond some creatine and a free 2 month supply of this Prime. Youre probably better off than you think.

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:59 am

brook011 wrote:I guess, but unless youre doing something with sandbags or pullups/pushups/etc, youre not going to get where you're looking for. If you cant afford weights, go get yourself some sledgehammers and try this -- http://blog.news-record.com/staff/chees ... kout.shtml
I can't believe they are swinging a sledgehammer around near their TV set.

It's nice to see more people doing sledgehammer work. I told my coach that when it warms up I want to do more rounds of sledgehammer vs. truck tire again. It's just fun.

And welcome back, John. Is your goal still to be so huge kids run screaming when they see you? :D