Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

flynet
n00b
n00b

WHERE CAN I FIND A TRAINING PLAN FOR BIGINNERS

Post by flynet » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:24 am

HI,

I'm trying to find the best possible plan for my exercise. I'd like to do proper bodybuilding and gain at least 10Kg in the shortest possible time.

I don't understand the manual for example: How many exercises per body part like biceps or chest,, and how many reps. Also start light or heavy?

How many days in a week? What is the rest between reps? Eat before training or after and what?

Is there someone who has a plan that work from beginning?

I am small man but have very fast metabolism. I was doing exercises at home but not many improvements.

I have very general idea but every one says something different!

Please help!!

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:32 am

Look here:

http://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3817

It's a collection of routines. Skim down to where it says "beginner routines." There are a few. Pick one of them, they're all selected from a lot of possibilities because they have been proven successful.

flynet
n00b
n00b

Post by flynet » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:34 am

pdellorto wrote:Look here:

http://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3817

It's a collection of routines. Skim down to where it says "beginner routines." There are a few. Pick one of them, they're all selected from a lot of possibilities because they have been proven successful.
Thank you!

Gantz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gantz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:04 pm

and don't forget that gaining muscle takes time. don't rush yourself. 10kg of muscle is a lot for smaller people. and for bodybuilding you also have to keep an eye on your diet too.

flynet
n00b
n00b

Post by flynet » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:01 am

Gantz wrote:and don't forget that gaining muscle takes time. don't rush yourself. 10kg of muscle is a lot for smaller people. and for bodybuilding you also have to keep an eye on your diet too.
Any recommendations for the diet? What is good to eat before and after exercise? Thank you :eek:

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:39 am

10 Kg = what about 22 pounds? A average person can gain approximately 10 lbs of muscle per year. So that is 2 years of work to gain 20 pounds of muscle.

Rest about a minute between sets. Keep your rep/set between 8-12 no more than 12. I personally like Biotests Surge while lifting and a protein drink immediately after. I guess I could just add some 60 grams of sugar to my protein to get the same as the surge.

Cut down your cardio, and eat, but eat clean.

Beginner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Beginner » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:56 pm

What about exrx.net full body and 2 day split workout templates? They aren't good enough or what?

stuward

Post by stuward » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Beginner wrote:What about exrx.net full body and 2 day split workout templates? They aren't good enough or what?
They're good if you know how and when to apply them. When there are proven programs out there that fit your situation, why reinvent the wheel? It's unlikely that you will do as good a job.

pdellorto

Post by pdellorto » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:22 pm

stuward wrote:They're good if you know how and when to apply them. When there are proven programs out there that fit your situation, why reinvent the wheel? It's unlikely that you will do as good a job.
That's exactly the problem with them. They take some knowledge in terms of exercise selection, choosing rep ranges and set numbers, rest periods, etc. They are a good framework but they're a bit sparse unless you've got enough know-how to make them work.

On the other hand, the routines in the "Some basic routines" sticky on this forum don't need much work. Many of them - like Starting Strength, the Mahler routine on bodybuilding.com, the basic bodybuilding routines, whatever...don't take ANY work. You just go and do them, and they are all complete. That makes it an easier tool for anybody.