Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Random nose bleed

Post by Wouter » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Hello y'all
I might have a pretty strange question.
Here's the situation:
I just started creatine for the first time this thursday and I've been taking about 5g/day since then.
But just this morning I woke up and I had a bleeding nose, it's the first time in my life that I've had a random bleeding nose.
My mother is really paranoia about all the supplements out there so I wanted to check here.
I've had a cold (and still have) and sometimes there was some blood in between all the green (sorry for the mental image :smile:). But it hasn't bled in between.

Now my question is: can creatine cause bleeding noses? I've been drinking a lot of water with the creatine (I believe I'm drinking 3.5l a day) can the water cause it?

Thanks for the help

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:02 pm

It is all the cocaine.

Okay, maybe not. Don't worry about it unless you can't stop the bleeding. And no, creatine didn't cause it unless perhaps you were snorting it.

Jungledoc

Re: Random nose bleed

Post by Jungledoc » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:02 pm

Wouter wrote:Hello y'all
I might have a pretty strange question.
Here's the situation:
I just started creatine for the first time this thursday and I've been taking about 5g/day since then.
But just this morning I woke up and I had a bleeding nose, it's the first time in my life that I've had a random bleeding nose.
My mother is really paranoia about all the supplements out there so I wanted to check here.
I've had a cold (and still have) and sometimes there was some blood in between all the green (sorry for the mental image :smile:). But it hasn't bled in between.

Now my question is: can creatine cause bleeding noses? I've been drinking a lot of water with the creatine (I believe I'm drinking 3.5l a day) can the water cause it?

Thanks for the help
Sometimes nose bleeds are caused by the iritation to the membranes of the nose by the cold. If it's just traces of blood and not something that is difficult to stop, and as long as it goes away when the cold goes away I wouldn't worry about it. Otherwise, have you doctor look at it.

aman
Novice
Novice

Post by aman » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:57 pm

u may ice.

brook011
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by brook011 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:16 am

first off, its probably just due to your nose being dry.

second, take care of it. get yourself something to keep things hydrated, like a nasal spray. I had to go in last year to the emergency room because I didn't care for it, and it wouldn't stop bleeding. Care for it before it gets bad.

It has nothing to do with the creatine, its just a weird coincidence.

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks for the replies, I'll make sure to take care of it.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:15 am

brook011 wrote:first off, its probably just due to your nose being dry.

second, take care of it. get yourself something to keep things hydrated, like a nasal spray. I had to go in last year to the emergency room because I didn't care for it, and it wouldn't stop bleeding. Care for it before it gets bad.

It has nothing to do with the creatine, its just a weird coincidence.
If you use a spray, make sure that it is a saline spray, not a decongestant spray. The latter are actually useful for stopping a stubborn nosebleed, but are not good to use regularly. The saline spray you can use as much as you want. You can even make a mile salt water solution with a pinch of salt to about 100 ml water, and "sniff" it up your nose (it's gross but works). If it burns it's either too much salt or not enough salt.

frogbyte
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by frogbyte » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:30 pm

And whatever you do, don't tilt your head back. People think it makes the bleeding stop - it really just makes you swallow lots of blood.