Only 2

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:00 pm

The zercher squat looks hard with a barbell. I've never tried it that way.

But it's a natural squat with any odd object - sandbag, small child (squat down with an infant and get back up, it's a zercher squat), groceries, garbage can, etc. You have to cradle weight in most situations.

That's why you'll sometimes see me zercher squatting sandbags in my workouts. I suppose you can back squat them, but it's more awkward than zercher squatting them or shouldering them.

hari
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hari » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:48 pm

so,you could say zercher squat is more harder than back squat and hit all of your body.
ohh,i forget another question which to pump or develop my triceps area,without doing triceps exersices,[like a close grip bench press,triceps extention]
Is it able to develop it just doing military press or bench press??
seriously question! :green:

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:14 pm

You can get decent triceps doing just benches or militaries, but I love P bar dips and close grips benches, and they blow my triceps up quite nicely, and I don't even try to. At age 60, I couldn't care less aout triceps, just keeping my strength levels up, but when I walk away from a workout of dips and chins, my ches, and arms are pumped up like crazy.
Tim

hari
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hari » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:22 am

hahaha :grin: thanks for advise, Sir!
this night i did P bar dips and chin-ups combination,the result is sooo great.
i did in this method like;

Chin-ups;15 superset P-bar dips 20reps 2minute break

What do you think this routine for arm-pumps??
With this routine it is possible develop arms strength and mass??
And another question, if i dont take the break of 2minute and keep this cycle untill i failue,the result come good???

TimD

Post by TimD » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:34 am

Hari, you must have been reading my mind. I always do them (dips, chins) in a superset type of schedule. For mass, you might want to try weighting them and lowering the reps a bit in one session, and use the higher repswith bodyweight in another session. I also don't take a full 2 mins break between supersets, but that's up to you. Frankly, I think that if all you did for upperbody was limite to dips and chins, you could do quite well. Hits just about everything excpt vertical push and is great arm work without a lot of isolation.
Tim