full body

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, ianjay, stuward

Amuary

full body

Post by Amuary » Sat May 13, 2006 9:16 pm

I do mainly body wieght chins ups , dips , pushups , pull ups . for legs i do
mainly sprints , overhead squats , squat press with a light wieght. is there any body wieght excercise that will have the same effect as a bench fly? Also whats the one wieghted excercise that works the most amount of diffrent muscle groups?(other then clean's) any ideas on routines or excercises would be great

thanks

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Sun May 14, 2006 9:21 am

I'm confused as to what a "bench fly" is, so could you explain. If it is the DB fly, my answer for a bodyweight counterpart would be pushups between two chairs with a wide grip. This allows a great ROM.
To the question of which weighted exercise activates the most amount of muscle, well you've eliminated the clean, and my answer would have been the clean and pushpress, so I'll say the squat or split snatch. Bob Hoffman, of the old York Barbell club, onc said in his old Strength and Health magazine, that if a person only did natches and bent presses, they would not only become strong, but build a very powerful physique as well.
Tim

DubDub

Post by DubDub » Mon May 15, 2006 2:38 pm

Tim is definitely right, except I would combine squat and deadlift (if you can do squat then you have the equipment for deadlift) as I feel that they are very natural complements. Good luck!