My current Program. Any Suggestions / Comments?

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

nygmen

Post by nygmen » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:45 pm

Stephen Johnson wrote:
Badman wrote:As for the Hardgaining - I really like eating, I have always eaten a LOT. I used to live with a friend of mine in New Zealand, he was always the fat kid at school (i know kids can be cruel). Anyway he plays hooker in rugby (i know some of the Americans here may not be too familiar, just trust me they are some of the biggest on the field). The two of us ate exactly the same and he was doing rugby training, i was only cycling to work and a bit of soccer. I still wasn't putting on weight.
How old are you? Many young peoiple have fast metabolisms that make weight gains difficult until they are past their 20s. If that describes you, take a look at some of the weight gain powder mixes at your local supplement store. They can add 500-800 calories a day to your caloric intake, which theoretically adds up to a pound a week.
That is a very good point. Those things can taste like butt though, so buy the small tub if your not familiar with the taste.

And the scoops are HUGE. So get a larger shaker and mix well. nothing worse than gagging down a glob of chalky mess at the end of your shake.

Badman
n00b
n00b

Post by Badman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:06 am

Ok:
I bench press 50 kg's on a barbell
I shoulder press two 12.5kg dumbbells.
I will throw in a fourth, shorter - heavier set and see how that goes.

I have added some rows to my routine as suggested by nygmen and have moved over to dead lifting also.

As for the eating, i said before that i used to take progain and didn't find it much use, but i must say ive been feeling hungry since starting training again, despite eating more, so maybe its time to invest.

Actually i did up a little diet plan:
9am - Breakfast - Shreddies (Wholewheat cereal)
11am - Tea - Pasta w/ Chicken Salad
1pm Lunch - Turkey or Beef w/cheese and tomato roll
7pm Dinner
9.3pm - Supper - at the moment more cereal, any suggestions?

I have also started taking a multivitamin and omega 3 supplement and snack on bananas and nuts throughout the day.

You guys all seem to think im VERY thin. I wear 32" jeans at the waist, i have very little fat (12%) but would consider myself of average build (obviously not to a pack of power lifters)

I am 27 years old.

Badman
n00b
n00b

Post by Badman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:55 am

OK after some more research, it looks like the progression you guys were talking about is not unusual. so i am forgetting the shorter heavier final set and going for three heavier sets.

Cheers Han, good advice.